Re: every US Samsung galaxy s has 2.2: except the two that have bing and are in verizons stable
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

oooh ooh I do too...oh wait.  I reverted back to stock so I can sell it.  I have it on the Thunderbolt though. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: every US Samsung galaxy s has 2.2: except the two that have bing and are in verizons stable
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Droidbotics posted:

Actually 2.2 is out there, its a matter of how bad you want it.

Those of us that don't have it want it real bad! Can you provide the link to the official samsung verizon release?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Droidbotics

I regard the term official as a antonym. Froyo has been available since early February. Obtaining the official update only requires you take a trip to Vegas. However, if your looking for a route to take, I 've found Google gives the best directions.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

mdram4x4 wrote:

*sigh*

how many threads like this are we gonna see?

cant people keep it to one thread?

your starting to act like apple fanatics, everyons opinion is so important they need thier own thread

*sigh*

What's the big deal if there are multiple threads?  One thread for the Froyo update would take forever to read since it is the ONE pressing item on most of our minds.  Let's let all of the user decide what are in the the threads, not just the usual 7-8 who post all the time.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Droidbotics I would love to go back to Vegas to visit my Uncle!

0 Likes
Droidbotics
I just love how Vegas is so open! you even get to pick your own flavour of cake. The gingerbread cookies are great too, but be very careful as they are known to give you gas. The incridents are still being tweeted, lets hope they come soon. By the way, I didnt know your greedy uncle Sammy lived in Vegas. I always thought he was a con artist who lived overseas.
0 Likes
trigun123478

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are happy to assist you with your inquiry with regards to the Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Fascinate.

We greatly value your business and understand your concern and dissatisfaction regarding this matter. We take great pride in having you as a customer and would like to restore your confidence in Verizon Wireless. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and the Fascinate addressing your concern is our number one priority.

We appreciate your interest in updating your Fascinate to the Android 2.2 platform. We'd like to assure you that we are committed to providing phones with the latest updates.For that reason, we rigorously test new software and platform updates with our devices prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding new updates. With that being said, at this time, we are unable to state when the Android 2.2 update will become available as no information has been provided. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. We understand and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our products.

If you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on the "Get Email Updates" link located at the bottom of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage.

We hope you find this information helpful. Troubleshooting tips and helpful product information regarding the Samsung Fascinate can be found at:

www.verizonwireless.com/data

It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply back to this email or call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Neil

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support

It seems that it is verizon atleast thats what I gather from this email they sent me. I think we all know that its verizon at this point its all the bloat there adding.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Isn't it ironic...  Updates are going in order from the date they are released...  So I would expect the Fascinate and the Continuum to be last in line for the updates.  I see nothing wrong with it just a bunch of impatient people.

Though the Captivate flipflopped with the Epic 4G, but if you saw the complaints for the Vibrant AT&T could have delayed for further testing and Sprint users a different radio so the build is different.

Verizon could possibly delay for further testing due to the Epic problems which CAN affect the the Verizon phones.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

RunSilent23 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

*sigh*

how many threads like this are we gonna see?

cant people keep it to one thread?

your starting to act like apple fanatics, everyons opinion is so important they need thier own thread

*sigh*

What's the big deal if there are multiple threads?  One thread for the Froyo update would take forever to read since it is the ONE pressing item on most of our minds.  Let's let all of the user decide what are in the the threads, not just the usual 7-8 who post all the time.

because it clutters things up.  people cant get real questions in.  and no its not the most pressing thing on our minds

with everything going on in the world today if the only thing that bothers you is the os on your phone, then well i envy you.

and people that really want it have already. 

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry for the clutter.  We'll try picking up after ourselves.  :smileyvery-happy:

This is the Samsung Fascinate discussion forum, not the technical support site.  That means we discuss issues related to the phone, not what is going on the world.  When you limit the discussion to the Fascinate, the Froyo update IS the most pressing issue on most of our minds.   You don't need me to tell you this since you've noticed the number of threads.

As for "real" questions, I think it is legitimate to wonder why the last Galaxy S phones without Froyo are in Verizon's stable.  I want to hear peoples opinions, rants, and theories.  It makes for some interesting and often hilarious reading.

I don't need Froyo - I think the Fascinate is a great phone with 2.1 Eclair.  But I look forward to updating my phone with new features. Until then, let's talk about it...                         

0 Likes