extraneous contacts
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have numerous contacts for people I do not know. I don't know how they got on my phone, but the vast majority are from my work - even though I have never emailed or called them. I went to the online contacts list and deleted well over 100 of them, but my phone is still showing people I don't know - some are even new. How can I set things so that only people I specifically add to my contacts are in my contacts? I am using a Note 8.

Thanks!

Paul

0 Likes
Re: extraneous contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be equally annoyed if I seen random contacts on my phone as well Phbern. I am sure we will figure this out together. Did you have these contacts on your old phone? Did you set up any new emails on this phone? The reason I ask is because if you add an email it will sync any contacts you have to the device. Where did you go to delete your contacts? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

These are all contacts of people I do not know. I would not have had them on my old phone, nor would I have added them to the phone or anywhere else. They seem to have been added from my work server, but as I said I don't know them, so I would not have added them.

As of now, it looks like my list is cleaned up. Perhaps I just need to wait longer for things to sync.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad the list has been cleaned up, phbern. Thanks for getting back to us. It probably added the contacts after an email was added. What email accounts did you had? Does your work email give you an option on what to sync? Did you recently add an application that would sync with your work?

Joe_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes