fascinate service
karma167

i got a fascinate. it worked fine then i updated to 2.3.5 it worked for a couple of hours then it started saying no service i factory reset it and nothing. the previious owner had the same problem but he factory reset it and it worked fine for a wile. i dont know whats going on with it but it seems to be getting worse as it gos. the system info said. hardware version I500.4 but after it started acting up it says unknown and the base band did the same thing. like it forgot what it was. can someone help me

0 Likes
Re: fascinate service
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi karma167,

I regret to learn of any issues with your Fascinate. I know how important it is to have a working phone and would like to assist you.

Your post mentioned that the phone has been through many factory resets, and the software version you listed is the most recent one for this device. I also notice that your post mentions that the Fascinate device had a previous owner, so that tells me that the phone is no longer within the warranty. However, we do have options for you.

You have the option to check your line and the other lines on the account by dialing #UPG and send. This will check your line and the other lines' upgrade eligibility, or when you will be able to get a new phone at the lower cost.

When calling this number, you will receive a free message with the date on which you become eligible for a discount on a new device. If your line is eligible, you can upgrade to a new phone fast and easy online at http://www.vzw.com . If your line is not eligible, but there is another line on the account that is eligible for a discount off the cost of a new phone, you can transfer the upgrade from one line to another. The eligible line will have the service agreement attached to it, but you can put the phone on the line that needs it.

You can also use a different phone that is compatible with our network, obtained outside of Verizon Wireless. You can use a friend or family member's phone, as long as it can be used on our network. If this is what you decide to do, and you purchase a phone elsewherr, you can change the device online by following these steps:

1. Sign in to My Verizon
  2. Locate the I Want To... section.

3. In the DEVICE column, click Activate or Switch a Device.

4. Select a Line (if applicable).

5. Click Next.

• If Backup Assistant is installed already, click the Back Up Phone Now button.

image23.jpg

• If eligible for Backup Assistant, click the Install Backup Assistant button and follow steps to install from device.

image28.jpg

• If NOT eligible for Backup Assistant, click the appropriate Operating System link and follow steps.

image15.jpg

6.   Select Next
  7. Type the new Device ID (ESN, MEID, or IMEI).

8. Select Submit.

9. Select the check box for the desired feature(s).

10. Click Continue.

11. Review and confirm the selected updates.

12. Select Submit.

I trust you will find these options helpful. Thank you and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes