fascinate stuck on "downloading...do not turn off target"
singingfiend

got water damage. i didn't respond properly. with the above message, i tried charging phone and took out battery while charging, then put battery back in. same message. help still possible pls? thx.

0 Likes
Re: fascinate stuck on "downloading...do not turn off target"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there singingfiend.  I am sorry to hear about your phone taking a swim. I know from experience that they don't fair well in water.

If you are unable to get past this screen after charging the phone and taking out the battery the only thing we have left to try is a master reset. Visit http://vz.to/tC9oiG for steps on how to do a master reset. You are going to want to try the alternate master reset.

If this does not work we will have to take a look at replacement options. Do you have insurance on the device? If so you can place a claim with Asurion at www.phoneclaim.com. Are you upgrade eligible? Dial #UPG to find out.  You can also purchase a phone through our Certified Pre Owned program.  These are phones that are in like new condition and are sold at less than full retail.  They also do not extend out your agreement so when your upgrade date comes you'll still be able to get the latest and greatest device.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes