fascinate upgrade to 2.2
roughcut5

does anyone know how I can upgrade to 2.2? Or how to get flash player to work without the upgrade? Just got the phone a wk ago but didn't know flash player wouldn't work on here.

0 Likes
Re: fascinate upgrade to 2.2
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Neither samsung or verizon has released the official froyo 2.2 update, we have been waiting months for this. You can unofficially get the update on your fascinate but are taking the chance of bricking your cell. I don't personally encourage you to do so but if you are interested go to the XDA website where you could check on what you need to do. Many fascinate owners on this forum have installed froyo on their own and claim it is almost impossible to brick your cell. It is up to you to take the chance or not!

There is an app for the flash player called SkyFire. I don't use it so I can't comment if it is good or not.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Send me a private email and I will tell you how
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I tried sykfire and I do use it for most of my browsing, but in my particualr case it was no help at all so I realized I needed the Flash Player to view certain web sites that I view online, ie my Bible Studies require Adobe Flash
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

You have 3 choices

1. Wait for verizon- People have been waiting 8 months though

2. put a non offical version on

3.take it back

I choose option 2 and I could not be happier with my phone

Mad at Verizon & Sammy

You have to make the choice also

screen shot

0 Likes
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

roughcut5 wrote:

does anyone know how I can upgrade to 2.2? Or how to get flash player to work without the upgrade? Just got the phone a wk ago but didn't know flash player wouldn't work on here.

Options

1) Install Skyfire browser. It translates Flash to something your phone can understand and works for the most part, though the process is a little cumbersome (and flaky at times).

2) Unofficial 2.2 has been released with Flash support. Try it

3) Return the phone

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Go for option 2, if you need the info, send me a private message and I will provide the information you need to upgrade to 2.2
0 Likes
jhelms1964

I aquired 2.2 yesterday,and its running like a dream, absolutly no issues with it thus far !! rock on !!

0 Likes
Tiztaz

I want it, where do I get it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Tiztaz
The official FroYo update is being sent out OTA to the Fascinate is stages starting today and continuing for the next few weeks. You will get a notification when it is available for your phone. You can also check for the update by going to Settings > About phone > check for software update (or something similar)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes