froyo
ca1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been hearing feb 22nd for 2.2 update on fascinate. Any truth to this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: froyo
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi. 

Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update.  Customers are able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

vzw has not officially said, so you wont get an official answer, other then go to some web page and sign up for email alerts

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

ca1 wrote:

I've been hearing feb 22nd for 2.2 update on fascinate. Any truth to this?

no, there is no truth to this

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

The truth is that nobody knows when and if froyo will ever be available. As much as I love my fascinate, I will never again buy one of their phones because of this upgrade debacle....

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

dunno what you guys are talking about.  I already has froyo. :smileywink:

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

If you love your Fascinate, why wouldn' t you buy another Samsung? I think it is a great phone with 2.1 Eclair and apparently so do you. Whatever you do, don't let a few new features sour you on what you already have.  

Don't get me wrong, I want to be able to view Flash and move my apps to the SD card.  But those aren't game changers for most of us.  Are they for you? 

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

dunno what you guys are talking about.  I already has froyo. :smileywink:

You rooted yours

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

maryl wrote:

The truth is that nobody knows when and if froyo will ever be available. As much as I love my fascinate, I will never again buy one of their phones because of this upgrade debacle....

this is my second sammy phone, first being the omnia

and i dont care how thier support is, the dev community is all the support you need

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just a reminder, talking of "r" word is a TOS violation and voids the warranty for your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:
Just a reminder, talking of "r" word is a TOS violation and voids the warranty for your phone.

So did the root canal I just had void my warranty?  :smileyvery-happy:

Seriously, the latest froyo leak is a VZW version.  If you use it how does this void your warranty?  You are still using their device,their software, and not rooted. 

0 Likes