Re: froyo
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
My search changes both the search softkey and the browser search. Of haver all the blot still. Hadn't tried the deblotted version.
0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
Gotcha. Just checked the system, and of course it said that no new updates were available. Phone works fine for me...so no biggie. Sure would be nice to get rid of that **bleep** double caps though!
0 Likes
melzilla

Yeah my partner talked me out of my no contract $70 unlimited data and talk w/ tmo on a G1 (was about to get g2)... big reds employees assured me the fascinate would have froyo ASAP... I was talked out of of my return/exchange since froyo was coming out ASAP.  

This is such **bleep**, 6 months later and I am trying to figure out how to get out of this contract.  

I was so leary of this phone I didn't even open it and take it out of the box for 2 days.

Sometimes you need to trust your intuition.

I had it right with t-mobile, I should have never left, I would have had froyo,flash and lower bills.

Oh wait froyo comes out today right?

Whatever.

Thanks Verizon for showing me how important your idiotic process of bloatware loading is.  It has caused me permanent loss of my wireless enthusiasm.  

0 Likes
jaacckk
0 Likes
JBorch8
I Could really give a rats a$$ if I have a new OS. Aside from the bugs with swype and the occasional lock up, I can live with it. My problem is the fact that we have been pushed around with all of these false claims for 5 months saying froyo is coming soon. You know what Verizon/samsung, just shut up about even having an update, then next year, when froyo has the microscopic chance of coming to the fascinate, it will be surprise and everyone will be happy! Until then, stop with getting every ones hopes up.
0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

JBorch8 wrote:
I Could really give a rats a$$ if I have a new OS. Aside from the bugs with swype and the occasional lock up, I can live with it. My problem is the fact that we have been pushed around with all of these false claims for 5 months saying froyo is coming soon. You know what Verizon/samsung, just shut up about even having an update, then next year, when froyo has the microscopic chance of coming to the fascinate, it will be surprise and everyone will be happy! Until then, stop with getting every ones hopes up.

You are right JBorch8 they shouldn't mention it until it comes out in a year from now but I think they do because it's a selling point saying will be updated to better OS in a week or two. I would have fallen for it if I knew about the phone and researched it before I got the Fascinate. Now I know when looking for new phone check the forums first then decide.

0 Likes
JBorch8
Yeah, I agree. The community knows more about the phones than the actual programmers/companys. Like many of us have heard before, we've got college kids cranking out roms weeks before the leak of any. Come on samsung, look into hiring from campuses.
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you all act like samsung is so terrible. htc released the eris ~november 2009, it didn't have 2.1 until may 14th the following year. the fascinate has gotten numerous updates since it was released, and it's still under the 6 month it took htc to release a new os. so, stop complaining.

0 Likes
mengineer

Well it's official, today AT&T announced the Froyo update for the Captivate will be released tomorrow on their facebook page. Thins came only a few hours after android central mentioned the leaked KB1 update was available. This officially make us the last ones left out in the cold with our Fascinate for the Froyo OTA uodate!

0 Likes