help!!
tara90casine

my samsung fascinate will not send picture messages, it says status pending.any ideas why ?

0 Likes
Re: help!!
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

It will only send mms on 3G

turn wifi off 

If this is not the problem not sure what else it could be

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

wardcst24 wrote:

It will only send mms on 3G

turn wifi off 

If this is not the problem not sure what else it could be

I was a little surprised by the no Wi-Fi mms, so since my wife also has a Fascinate I sent her a message with attached picture while the wifi was on and it went through no problem.

In regards to original request, maybe how you attached the picture was the problem. I am also assuming that you can send a text message with no problem and also there is a size limit for mms attachment that if you exceed the phone will tell you.

I usually chose the picture first, then click on Menu, choose share, messaging and go from there. I hope some of this is helpful. If not maybe stop by a Verizon store for some hands on help. Good Luck.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Ya that is the way I send mms also but if i have wifi on it says pending and will not send until i am on 3G

That is why I was suggesting that I thought it was that way for everyone will have to look in to that

Thanks

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe what is happening is that it requires 3G for it to work at all, and if you lost 3G and you are using wifi it will not work because mms is a phone service not an internet service which is what wifi is, wifi I don't think keeps it from working if you have a 3G signal. I think lack of 3g signal may be the key.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I am sorry your having issues with sending picture messages. Just to add, you can send and receive MMS messages with wifi on or off. I also recommend simply resetting the wifi connection by turning it off and on. I have listed the steps below. I recommend, when experiencing feature issues to power cycle your fascinate off and on and remove the battery for 1-2 minutes to perform and soft reset.

1. From a home screen, select Applications.
  2. Select 3G Mobile Hotspot.

3. If presented, select OK.

4. Select 3G Mobile Hotspot.

5. If presented, select Continue.

6. If presented, select Turn on Mobile Hotspot.

Lastly, I wanted to list some information below about the size limitation of pictures when sending pictures messages via MMS and email. 

The maximum file size for picture / video messages varies from device to device. The file size limitation is based on the megapixels of the camera on the device:

• Devices with a .3 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 100 KB.
  • Devices with a 1.2 - 2 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 350 KB.
  • Devices with a 3.0+ megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 600 KB.
     Lowering the camera resolution will reduce the image file size.

--The maximum file size that can be sent from an email to a device is 3 MB. When any message over 350 KB is sent to the device, the file is reduced in size to be under 350 KB prior to delivery. If a device sends a 500 KB file to a device with a lower file size limit the file will be reduced to a file size acceptable by the receiving device.

--Many devices are capable of sending messages that exceed intercarrier file size limits (typically 300 - 600 KB). A message that exceeds the other carrier's limits will be rejected and not reach the intended recipient.

You may also want to ensure the wifi connection is set up correctly. I have listed those steps below also. 

Local area Wi-Fi network information is needed to complete several steps. Please refer to the network administrator for additional assistance.

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Wireless & networks.

4. Select Wi-Fi settings.

5. Select Wi-Fi to enable.
    Note Enabled when a green check mark is present.

6. Select the preferred Wi-Fi network.
    Note If the preferred network is not displayed, refer to Add Wi-Fi Network on your device.
  7. If presented, enter the appropriate security credentials then select Connect.
    Note To view the password, select Show password.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Wifi can be on or off but the actual message is sent over Verizon's data network.  The phone will drop the wifi signal and you should see the 3G symbol pop up in the notification bar when you go to send an mms.

0 Likes
sandystorm

What does mobile hotspot have to do with sending pictures? Plus you mention phones that have different resolutions, we have and are talking about Fascinate

0 Likes