how do I turn off Bixby
chuck12175
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I turn off Bixby
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, chuck12175. Is there any particular reason you’re hoping to disable this amazing feature on your phone? By design, Bixby itself can’t be disabled but you are able to adjust settings using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-213215/#settings in the Bixby Settings section to better suit your needs.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chuck12175, I understand the importance of being able to adjust settings and disable features you do not wish to use. Are you looking to disable the entire Bixby feature on your device or only certain applications?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, chuck12175. Is there any particular reason you’re hoping to disable this amazing feature on your phone? By design, Bixby itself can’t be disabled but you are able to adjust settings using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-213215/#settings in the Bixby Settings section to better suit your needs.

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

JimGordonII
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find the bixby feature extremely annoying.  Just like the voice-typing feature.  Both pop up at unwanted times and I never use them.

I find it creepy to have my phone talk to me out of the blue.  I don't like having bixby pop up when I press the button accidentally instead of volume or when I swipe right too many times on the homescreen.

In terms of the voice typing, the button is very close to the comma on the keyboard and I press it accidentally all the time.  (While I am on a roll, I have to mention that the spelling-guessing feature is very bad and often replaces correct words in sentences with incorrect words or even typos.  I was able to disable it, but now have to spend a lot of time correcting actual typos.)

Features should not be added that are so obtrusive and cannot be disabled.  I will strongly consider another manufacturer on my next purchase.

JimGordonII
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the way, there does not seem to be a menu on the Bixby screen on my phone.  That may require setting up the app, which in turn requires creating a Samsung account, which I have no intention to do.

JimGordonII
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have already turned off all notifications and permissions for all the associated apps.  It would be great to be able to remove the bixby homepage and to reassign or disable the button.

JimGordonII
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please read my replies, above.  I have the same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimGordonII, I want to make sure that your concerns are properly reviewed. It's concerning to hear that you are unable to locate the menu option on the Bixby Screen. What do you see on that screen?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JimGordonII
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I go to the Bixby screen, it tells me Bixby is a new way to interact, then asks me to pick my language, then to sign in to a Samsung account.  There is no menu on any of the three screens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimGordonII, technology and interaction are great for those who want to use them. For you and me, we like to remain in control. There is a long discussion of this issue on Samsung's community page: http://spr.ly/65848aIzQ Please let us know if this is helpful information.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes