Re: how to remove applications I will never use
DM6156

Process com.skype.android.verizon

No wonder my calls drop, they are really data (skype internet calls) and not wireless?

how about it VZ, help me out!  Make skype go bye-bye!

- DM6156

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

DM6156 wrote:

how about it VZ, help me out!  Make skype go bye-bye!

- DM6156

Not going to happen, sorry.

0 Likes
DM6156

You're probably right. Does not mean I like it and will stop trying. I see it as a privacy concern. What else are they doing that I can't prevent?

I wonder if VZ will admit to that though.

- DM6156

0 Likes
DM6156
How about it VZ? If I can't remove these apps, why not? If I can't stop them from running, why not? You guys suggest we kill apps to save the battery, yet you're not allowing us to the means to follow your own direction.

Give us some solutions, please.

-DM6156
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

DM6156 wrote:
How about it VZ? If I can't remove these apps, why not? If I can't stop them from running, why not? You guys suggest we kill apps to save the battery, yet you're not allowing us to the means to follow your own direction.

Give us some solutions, please.

-DM6156
There is no Verizon solutions, only personal solutions to this issue which stated earlier cannot be discussed in this forum.
0 Likes
DM6156

I understand I can't remove these apps by conventional means.  But can you kill skype? Does it not restart? Mine always restarts randomly.  I have not seen anyone else mention that once they kill it, it restarts.

These are 2 separate issus. The skype issue (issue #2)  I see is a side effect of not being able to uninstall it ( issue #1). 

I want an official answer from verizon for both.  That's all I'm asking.

I'll just visit my local store (which I dislike doing because they always tell me to call the support number). And the representatives solution at the support number is to always reboot or RMA the phone which is bogus. 

I'm already on fascinate phone #4.  Prior to this, I had 3 BB curves which came after 7 BB world editions.  

- DM6156

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you cant uninstall it, and you cant keep it from starting

it will not use any battery, and the only reason you know its there is because you look for it

just ignore it, it wont bother you

0 Likes