i feel undervalued and disprespected as a long term customer with multiple lines
djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELLO
Samsung/Verizon made promises to customers who were forced to give up their Note 7s and forced into phones they did not want and promised to make it right by allowing a phone upgrade to a different device but now that the new note 8 is out will not allow us the option to get rid of these place holder phones without fully paying them off first its disrespectful and disgusting how they are treating their customers.

Even with Samsung discount offer for the note 8 its only eligible if you dont owe money on tradable phone so now many users like myself are stuck with a $600+ bill for a phone we didn't even want with no help and no options. i was reassured when i turned my note 7 in by Verizon that i would be able to upgrade with no issues when the new note came out only to find out they wont honor the guarantee they provided at the time.

seriously looking at taking my 6 lines of service and to sprint and i have been a customer with verizon for years

Labels (2)
21 Replies
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got my NOTE8 deliverwd this morning! Way to go Verizon!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Deja vu  all over again. Seems like yesterday we all were going thru this with the first Note7. I for one am just going to keep paying on this phone ( S7 Edge ) that I didn't really want in the first place. Unless Verizon and Samsung comes out with a deal that I can live with and that would be fair to ALL I will just keep this phone. To be honest at this point I don't know what would be fair for everyone. Some of us just turned the phone in and was compensated right away for it and others had a long drawn out battle to get our money back. I just hope that Verizon and Samsung learned from this and how to handle this type of problem if it ever comes up again. I see on here and on facebook where some people have made a deal that they can live with I just hope these same people say the same thing in a couple of months after the first couple of bills come in and goes their way. The only thing I would add is Please Read The Fine Print because this is where a new set of problems is going to be. Good Luck everyone

0 Likes
djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you about the fine print also this time around I took the

liberty of recording my conversation with Verizon so I have in real time

what was promised and by who

bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Th only promise I was made was when my first Note 7 was recalled. I was promised that I would be allowed to exchange it to the new Note 7 when the problem was resolved. When the final total recall took place after the second wave, it was very clear that the Note 7 wasn't going to be an option. I've never seen or heard of these so called "promises". You agreed to the payments and agreement that you now have. Your paperwork does not state that you can trade it in any time after 14 days.

0 Likes
Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it was a call in to customer and the woman I spoke with was amazing and really seemed to get it after I explained my situation to her. She is what customer service is all about.

Yes, I gave her my card number over the phone and paid out my purchase agreement. She then credited my account for half, and also $30 for the coming upgrade. I had to pay the full $579 on my card. She the credited my account like $319 for half and upgrade fee.

I cancelled out the Verizon order I made at that time last night and pre-ordered through Samsung.  I used their financing so the $585.11 includes all taxes and shipping..next day shipping once it does ship. And Samsung States they are shipping out to former Note 7 people first so we will get it before the others...their website states.

And I ship my Pixel XL back to them within 15 days after I get the Note 8 to receive the $425 off.  So we won't be without a phone.

All is paid upfront. With a $22 and change payment per month for two years and no interest. And I can pay it off at any time.

I put my time into looking at the deals and this was by far the better deal for me. I hope this further explains my experience.

Thanks to Verizon and Samsung. Between the two I feel it worked out good.

Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my experience.

Multiple, multiple calls and chats to this end:

I had $579 payoff from the Google Pixel XL I received after going through both Note 7 recalls. Had turned in my Note 5 for promo with Verizon so I had no phone to go back to.

Verizon allowed a forced buyout where they paid half and I paid half. So I had to pay the full $579 on credit card and get an account credit for $289.   I was not thrilled about having to pay $289 to get a monthly account credit of $20 per month through Verizon. You can't just pay the remaining $480....just comes in one month at a time. Verizon knows we will want to do something next year when the new Note comes out so we will be in the same boat then too...because there is not an offering of the 50% purchase agreement we had with the Note 7.

So, after thoroughly looking into all options now that my Pixel XL is "paid off", I cancelled my order with Verizon and went with the Note 7 only offer through Samsung where I actually get the credit' $425 off upfront. So I now only have to pay off $585.11 and the Note 8 will be mine in full. Only having to pay that amount puts me in a much better position for next year's offering.

It is what it is at this point for me and I really dislike knowing I still had to pay upfront to get out of the agreement, but it does feel better knowing that I do feel I got a better deal than the $480 off which really isn't....unless you go the full two years. And let's be honest, if you are on this thread, we don't want to do that.

Good luck to each of you.

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jackal - Thanks for the update.  It sounds like a fair deal.  You say you got this from calling customer service and not from corporate?  If so that is a huge step forward (even though it sounds like you had to find the right person to talk to).

So did you make your $579 payment while you were on the phone and then they did there part for the credit to make the phone upgradeable?

I too like the Samsung deal except its less $ and I think you have to send your phone in first, then get the Note.  That means no phone for days, hopefully I read that wrong.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok so just to update i kept calling in and was given the option to order the new phone on one of my watch lines with a payment plan once the phone comes in i can call verizon they will take the pixel back and tranfer the new phone to my regular line and cancel out the contract on the pixel i feel at this point they have made it right even if i had to fight with them to do so, the service and data plan is expensive but i cant deny its remarkableness i would have no gripes if verizon were to always do the right thing for their customers. so long story short keep calling and complaining and you should eventually get them to fix what they  should have from the start

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

i owe 690 on the pixel xl

my watch line is a line on my account for my samsung smart watch that has a upgrade avaliable usually they wouldnt allow you to use that line to upgrade a phone but because they know the situation they are allowing it i may not have written proof of what i was promised but they know at the time of the note 7 scandal they were telling almost everyone that we would be allowed to upgrade again and the current phones were just temporary

also for my note 8  i believe ill be paying full retail for it and im fine with that cause i will be paying for a phone i chose and i wanted.

ive hated this pixel since i first got it i tried to exchange a few times but got the run around i tolerated it because i knew it was only temporary

Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep calling...I got an offer a few minutes ago to turn my Pixel XL in for the Note 8 from a Verizon representative. The trade in would just erase the Pixel XL purchase agreement and start with a new two year 100% payment plan. I was advised the Note 8 does not come with a 50% payment plan currently I was just told. This option does not come with the $20 payment as the current phone will only satisfy the current purchase agreement buy out. This option comes with a $40 a month payment.

This option comes on the heels of a previous offering where Verizon offered to do a forced buy out and meet me half way on my current purchase agreement. This will cause me to come up with close to $300 before paying taxes on the Note 8...OR which ever phone I want to get. And the Pixel XL will be mine. Just have to pay half on the remainder of my agreement.

Two options above for me to choose from.

Keep calling until you get the right representative as this last one said she just got word that the Note 7 folks will have the option to trade back in their current device only for current pay off.

It appears that Verizon is beginning to hear us.

Good luck friends!

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm Sorry Jackal but that means all your time and effort means Verizon will step up and treat you how T-Mobile already would. Trade in your phone right now with Verizon, you will owe hundreds to pay off your balance after the trade in. Take that pay off to T Mobile and they give you a credit for that amount and a clean slate to buy what ever you want.  Oh that is what Verizon was going to "offer" you for being loyal after they sold you a defective phone and were forced into a contract you didn't want.

PJ552003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Join the club.

18 years of loyalty means jack to them.

Here's the deal...they are counting on you just taking it.  They don't care if you leave because you will be replaced by other disgruntled customers from ATT and TMobile who are [Removed] their customers too.

The only REAL solution is the one I'm considering.  I've got 2 lines, paid off the $462 for the [Removed] edge 7, got 2 payments on the iPhone 6 s +...the only way they will get it is if there is a mass Exodus to the Pixel through a retailer and use FI for service.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

JNTReid2006
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Unless Samsung makes this right I will never purchase another Samsung anything!  Extremely disapointed and angry!!

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

FYI.  Follow this link and read the FAQ.  Special offer for former Galaxy Note7 Owners | Samsung US

You do not have to pay off your current phone to trade it in.  But you do have to continue paying off Verizon

mama23dogs
Legend

What were these imaginary promises?  

Samsung made promises to Korean customers, which were fulfilled mostly with the Note FE.  There was never any promise to the US market, only a lot of rumors and demands for satisfaction by customers. 

Show me where Sammy or Verizon promised you more than half off a Note 8?  

djquestt
Enthusiast - Level 2

1st . To address your question- I was verbally reassured over the phone and

face to face when I was forced to switch from my perfectly working note 7

via hotlining that I would be able to change phones at a later date when

another samsung phone became available I can't speak for the rest of the

continental U.S. I only know what was told to me personally 2nd. If your

not here to help or address  my "imaginary " concerns mutually shared by

hundreds if not thousands of other customers who have experienced the same

exact lack of concern and disloyalty  by samsung and verizon why areyou

here? [Removed] Im addressing a issue that i personally have encountered  thats why

im here, because i am paying for a phone I did not want. [Removed]

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

mama23dogs
Legend

djquestt wrote:

1st . To address your question- I was verbally reassured over the phone and

face to face when I was forced to switch from my perfectly working note 7

via hotlining that I would be able to change phones at a later date when

another samsung phone became available I can't speak for the rest of the

continental U.S. I only know what was told to me personally 2nd. If your

not here to help or address  my "imaginary " concerns mutually shared by

hundreds if not thousands of other customers who have experienced the same

exact lack of concern and disloyalty  by samsung and verizon why areyou

here? [Removed] Im addressing a issue that i personally have encountered  thats why

im here, because i am paying for a phone I did not want. [Removed]

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Personal attacks because I don't agree with you are entirely inappropriate.   None of what you just posted was a promise for a deep discount or a walk on a phone you bought in place of the Note 7.  "Later date" was not defined was it.  Later date is not August 2017 is it.    I did not call your concerns 'imaginary'. I called the non existent promise from Verizon imaginary because they did not make one.  Not some person on the phone or in store, VERIZON.  If it isn't on the website, it does not exist.

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

They need to reevaluate the promo to give former note 7 owners a way to upgrade. Put the 480 credit toward the pay off instead of off the price of the note8. It is still 480 bucks, just upfront instead of spread out over 2 yrs!!!