if VZW gives me a Samsung Droid Charge, will it have a warranty?
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

(since the Samsung Charge will obviously be a refurbished unit)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: if VZW gives me a Samsung Droid Charge, will it have a warranty?
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

I couldn't get it in writing.... but the manager said they don't give out such things....

however, she did make notes in my account to make sure that my warranty starts from the day I activated

the Droid Charge.     She said it's normall 90 days or until end of original phone's warranty.  However,

this special replacement policy for Fascinate owners is unique and the replacement Droid Charge(or

Motorola or HTC) will carry a 1-year warranty.

I am the kind of person who always trust other people, but I do verify! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:   When I got home, I called

Verizon's customer service number and asked the rep to look up my account.  Yes, he saw the notes

about the warranty on my Droid Charge... one year warranty, effecive from yesterday.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

potove wrote:

(since the Samsung Charge will obviously be a refurbished unit)

My guess and it is only a guess, the warranty would be a continuation from your present warranty of your previous phone. I suspect you can transfer the insurance to your new phone without any difficulty
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Nickjr is right it would be apart of the same as u have. Yes the.insurance u have. If u have he extended warranty it present matter how much longer u have on the original warranty
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Doesn't matter I ment
0 Likes
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with the Verizon corporate store manager earlier this evening. He's my neighbor's father-in-law and has worked at the same store for several years.

He assured me that the if a Fascinate is replaced with a Samsung Droid Charge(or either of the other phones), the new phone will come with the standard 1-year warranty, starting from the date the phone is delivered by FedEx.

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might want to get that in writing. When I got my Fascinate as a replacement for my Droid X, I was told the Fascinate would not have a year warranty but would have the longer of the following: 

1) 90-day limited warranty

2) the remainder of the one year warranty from my Droid X.

0 Likes
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

I couldn't get it in writing.... but the manager said they don't give out such things....

however, she did make notes in my account to make sure that my warranty starts from the day I activated

the Droid Charge.     She said it's normall 90 days or until end of original phone's warranty.  However,

this special replacement policy for Fascinate owners is unique and the replacement Droid Charge(or

Motorola or HTC) will carry a 1-year warranty.

I am the kind of person who always trust other people, but I do verify! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:   When I got home, I called

Verizon's customer service number and asked the rep to look up my account.  Yes, he saw the notes

about the warranty on my Droid Charge... one year warranty, effecive from yesterday.

0 Likes