missed calls, dropped calls, missed texts, phone freezing and severe battery drain!
NRR

Missed calls, dropped calls, missed texts, phone freezing and severe battery drain.......yep these are the issues my husband and I have faced for 2 months and continue to face with our 3rd set of  replacement Samsung Fascinate phones we just received last week.  Have left messages with the Verizon rep who promised to help us out until we have some resolution and now he won't return our calls.  The runaround is getting very old.  Have now filed a complaint with our state's attorney general. 

If Verizon stands by this phone so much, perhaps they could show us a demonstration of this committment by starting to use nothing but the Samsung Fascinate for all of their own personal and business use.  A dose of their own medicine perhaps?

0 Likes
Re: missed calls, dropped calls, missed texts, phone freezing and severe battery drain!
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I agree 1000%

I think the Fascinate is the only phone they should be able to use until it is truly Solved

I have also filed a Complaint with the Attorney General they are still selling this phone to hook people in to a 2 Year Contract

We all Can prove it is useless as a phone. Kind of sounds like FRAUD to me

0 Likes
Re: missed calls, dropped calls, missed texts, phone freezing and severe battery drain!
SAJ

My battery has been going dead by 2:00 in the afternoon after a full charge overnight, and that's with not using the browser or anything!  And it's slow, freezing, dropping calls and missing calls, as others have said.  I think I'll go to the Verizon store tomorrow. I should NOT have to do a reset and spend the time backing it up and getting it back to where it is now.  I want help! I wouldn't have updated if I'd known this would happen...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have posted this in another forum thread about missing calls on the Fascinate, and I wanted to update this one as well with the updated information.  This software release will address multiple issue including text messaging issues.  Here's what I posted in some other threads:

I have been keeping track of this issue, and I have some news for those having the issue.

This has been escalated to the manufacturer. They rigorously tested and researched this specific issue. Samsung has developed a confirmed fix for the phones not ringing as of 06/30/11.  We are working with them to finalize the fix and deliver it to the phones.  I really wish I had an ETA to give everyone, but we don't have one yet.  I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. 

Historically, these fixes have been pushed or updated via a software update.  Here's a link to the Samsung Fascinate software update page in case we push this fix in a similar fashion.  This page will update when we get very close to delivering the update if done via OTA software update. 

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and patience. 

0 Likes
irpinia

well so i guess i am not the only one with this problem....my wife and i got 2 fascinate last year...we love this phones it was grate untill the last up date we also have all the above problems with some more bugs....my phone also get really hot at time ,i can't delete any pics sometime the screen wont shut off or the bottoms buttons stay lit for no reasons and when i plug my headset the speaker is still on...i constalntly have to remouve the battery  it wont reset or shut down ...we whanted to go for a replacement but by reading this forum it looks like that is a waist of time...honestly my patience is running out ...beside the fact that we are payng lots of money at the end of the month...we can't use or trust this phones...my wife phone some time would not have any signal when my phone has 2 or more bars...if we text each other with pics sometime it wond go trough...they better come with a fix ..or just give us a different phones.......................................................thank you.....Tony C

0 Likes
NRR

Of course after getting nothing but the run around with Verizon, pardon me if I remain skeptical that a solution is very near.  I do  wonder if Verizon is going to compensate/credit us for the duration of time we've not receive the services we've paid for?

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

NRR wrote:

Of course after getting nothing but the run around with Verizon, pardon me if I remain skeptical that a solution is very near.  I do  wonder if Verizon is going to compensate/credit us for the duration of time we've not receive the services we've paid for?

I've been told by multiple Verizon reps at various levels that they will not compensate for this lack of service because they are not responsible for providing working phones to customers. As long as the network is up, they say it is not their responsibility for our loss of service due to malfunctioning phones, even if the malfunction is a result of software they force upon us. Wonderful company this is - I can't wait to be rid of them forever.

0 Likes
irpinia
Did any one tryed to contact samsung for this issue?
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

irpinia wrote:
Did any one tryed to contact samsung for this issue?

Yes I have been sending mine in to them for two months

went from tier 1 support all the way up to executive Customer sent phone in 5 times With it being sent back saying that it passes all tests--but it still doesn't ring when left idle for an extended period

That being said they say they have it fixed and will be pushing a update to fix it so we will see

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am updating as many forums I can with the following information: 

We have updated our policy on handling missed calls very recently for the Fascinate.

We normally don't request people to call in,but if you are reading this, that may be your best option.  Call 800-922-0204 option 3 for tech support.  Choose the option foradvanced devices and PDAs. This will get you to tech support.

We do have different options available for customers experiencing this issue while we work on the permanent fix to this problem. 

You also have the option to PM me with your cell number, and I'd be happy to review this in detail via phone call or PM. 

Thanks for you patience.  I know this has been a rocky road for some of you.

0 Likes