moving apps
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok... i know there must be a way i'm easily overlooking....but...how do you move the apps to the the SD card? can you install directly to the card?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: moving apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Some applications will install directly to the sd card. Otherwise go to settings > applications > manage applications > the downloaded tab. Start opening the details for any installed application. If the "move to SD card" button is white, you can move the application to the sd card. Some Apps don't have the option. I would also recommend to NOT MOVE any Apps that have a widget associated with them. It will break the widget if the application is on the sd card. Any application that is used as a background service should also NOT be moved to the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Some applications will install directly to the sd card. Otherwise go to settings > applications > manage applications > the downloaded tab. Start opening the details for any installed application. If the "move to SD card" button is white, you can move the application to the sd card. Some Apps don't have the option. I would also recommend to NOT MOVE any Apps that have a widget associated with them. It will break the widget if the application is on the sd card. Any application that is used as a background service should also NOT be moved to the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

Thanks for the info, I was wondering how to move apps myself.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
When apps are installed on the sd card, it is placed into a secure folder that you can't access from the phone.

The procedure listed above is how you can move the apps you choose to the sd card.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

maryl wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

Thanks for the info, I was wondering how to move apps myself.

Very good advice to those who are learning to use smartphones....
0 Likes
smrsno

Thank You!  Wondering that myself!

0 Likes