my PC does not recognize my S7
JohnSHM

Got a new S7 on March 14th. Got it to work, plugged into my PC, worked as good as my old Droid....transferred pics with no issue. Then, last week, it quit and so did my bluetooth.

Took phone to Verizon store and after troubleshooting bluetooth issue, they replaced phone.

Blue tooth works but can only charge phone from PC.

Called support, texted back and forth for two days with no luck.

I have tried the various suggestions online here to fix...no luck.

I need someone to figure this out before I throw the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] thing away.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my PC does not recognize my S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnSHM,we want you loving that new phone. With you mentioning that this has happened on two phones, and it was initially working, had you added any games, apps or software before that original trouble with connection? The reason that I ask, is when activating another phone, these items would transfer to the new phone with signing into your GMail, hence creating that same hiccup. Also, is the bluetooth off when attempting to connect?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Mezrein

What Ive found works is if you go into settings then developer options there is a setting called USB configuration. If you set that to PTP (Picture transfer protocol) or MTP (Media transfer protocol) while its connected to your system and while you're browsing your windows explorer folder, you'll see it pop up under SAMSUNG-SM-G930V. Unfortunately you have to set this after you've connected to your computer, and its only one time. Next time you disconnect and reconnect to the computer you'll need to set it again. Not sure why this isnt automatic..

0 Likes
JohnSHM

already did that. no luck

0 Likes
Mezrein

Windows 7 or 10?

0 Likes
JohnSHM

Windows 7.

My first S7 three weeks ago worked fine!

0 Likes
Mezrein

Odd, I've tested on both 7 and 10, and as long as the phone is connected, then I set the usb configuration state to be mtp or ptp both systems see the phone. If I change the configuration to mtp or ptp THEN connect the phone to the system, it automatically switches me back to usb configuration of charging and doesnt see the phone. Sorry, Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnSHM,we want you loving that new phone. With you mentioning that this has happened on two phones, and it was initially working, had you added any games, apps or software before that original trouble with connection? The reason that I ask, is when activating another phone, these items would transfer to the new phone with signing into your GMail, hence creating that same hiccup. Also, is the bluetooth off when attempting to connect?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you install Smartswitch or sidesync? They also install drivers for their phones to work on Windows. If not I believe you will have to turn on ADB through developer options.

About phone and tap the build number until it says you are a developer. No this does not void your warranty. Then press back once then tap on developer options. Make sure it's on and turn on ADB. Then test.

0 Likes