new to verizon
huskerrgoddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Loving my Galaxy Nexus and all the awesome features... Really worried about data as my previous carrier and android phone was set to unlimited. I want the verizon app on the phone for easy access to bill, but I am not sure how to get into myverizon. Can someone please help?

0 Likes
Re: new to verizon
budone
Legend

Dont know if it is available yet for the Nexus. Check out the Marketplace and see.

Also you can call #DATA to get updated data used. (Usually no more than a day behind and for me less than an hour behind)

Aside for that see if MY DATA MANAGER FREE app is available. This measures data in real time and you can look and see WHAT uses the data. Although I am unlimited, I love this app. If it is DL it, update the program with your billing cycle and what data has been used so far. Then look for the widget for the app and add it to a screen.

0 Likes
huskerrgoddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am sorry I wasn't really clear. I appreciate your assistance very much. I guess I should have asked "how do I find a user id and password?"  I can check my settings on the phone, but I know it will differ slightly and I just have had everything unlimited so long, I worry how much hotspot I am using and didn't even realize that data is being used even when phone isn't in use.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That's ok. It is very late for me. Do you have the MyVerizon on your Nexus??

Believe me, try the other app. You will like it much more than the MV app for tracking data usage

And yes Droids use data while you are not using it, unless you adjust the device not to sync or update anything.

How much data did you subscribe to??? Was it under the double data promo?

0 Likes
huskerrgoddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

lol. very late, but I have a new phone... HEHE... I don't even have a way to log on to myverizon on the computer... LOL. So I don't have any tracking except my settings right now.

I did go under double promo and I have 6... I did the 2 that doubled and then the $20 for 2 hotspot. Which I understand don't double, but can make any of the 6 "tethered" I felt like I didn't get many questions completely answered. and just kept hearing "yes" and absolutely... LOL

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can use the data settings in your settings menu. I use it as a general idea on what is using your data and which uses the most. You can also use this to stop those apps from using background data.

0 Likes
huskerrgoddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you both. I haven't ever had to grab wifi from somewhere else to worry.  I set it up with my home modem. Was told that my phone is set up to auto find that signal and jump from phone net. Will this really happen? I had NO clue that for almost 3 years i was using data while I slept from apps such as fb. I don't want to waste data while I sleep. LOL Just have to retrain myself to force close them all when not in use?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If I always keep my WiFI on (which I don't), it will FIND new connections, but until you ok a connection and add it to the list, you will not automatically connect. Once  you add it to your list as a connection you want to auto connect to, it will auto connect IF you have WiFi on. But keeping WiFi always on is a battery consumption hog

Also not just FB, but weather, news. and such.

0 Likes
huskerrgoddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

If wifi isn't on, that won't give me email alerts tho, correct? I don't have an open wifi connection at work,  Which is why I would hotspot ALLL the time to my kindle fire. Now, i am so nervous. I just checked again. IN 7 hours with the phone, I have used less than 100 megabytes. I should be ok, just can't be as frivolous as before. (I am already using almost 2g of storage and RAM is about full. I am sure battery is going to deplete on a constant basis. It is ok tho, my old one had old bad battery and also ran the same. Definately different running on a 4g and so much more memory... I appreciate all the advice and suggestions. I have to quit playing with this phone, it appears I have 20 months to get to know it better... LOL

0 Likes
budone
Legend

huskerrgoddess wrote:

If wifi isn't on, that won't give me email alerts tho, correct? I don't have an open wifi connection at work,  Which is why I would hotspot ALLL the time to my kindle fire. Now, i am so nervous. I just checked again. IN 7 hours with the phone, I have used less than 100 megabytes. I should be ok, just can't be as frivolous as before. (I am already using almost 2g of storage and RAM is about full. I am sure battery is going to deplete on a constant basis. It is ok tho, my old one had old bad battery and also ran the same. Definately different running on a 4g and so much more memory... I appreciate all the advice and suggestions. I have to quit playing with this phone, it appears I have 20 months to get to know it better... LOL

As long as you do not have the phone set to auto check (Sync) for email, then it will not, whether on WiFi or on 3G.

As for storage, I so not know how much you have with the Nexus, but the TB has 32GB and I am no where close. RAM will be showing close to full as this is how the OS works. No need to be concerned about it.

0 Likes