night ringer/selective ringer apps
jvcabrera

I am looking for an app that you can switch your phone into silence or sleep mode but will allow certain numbers you choose to ring through anyways. I had this option on my blackberry and it was a lifesaver. I have downloaded several diff apps from the market and I can't seem to get any of them to work properly or at all. I work nights and sleep during the day while kids are in school, and don't want to be disturbed by unnecessary calls unless its my family. Please help!!!

0 Likes
Re: night ringer/selective ringer apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can try a search on the market using ringer or night. I just did a search and saw an app called "night ringer free" that might be what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jvcabrera

thanks i tried that app too. but none of them seem to work on the new samsung fascinate.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I don't know then. Anyone else have any ideas?

I use Sound Manager and the scheduled times work well but it doesn't have the emergency override that you are looking for.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
newyorklawyer

How about holding the side power button, and up pops the Phone Options.  Pick "Silent mode".

That should keep you from waking up.

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Around other forums, I've seen the following apps noted for this:

Auto ring

Silent Time

Bedside

Tasker

Timeriffic

Don't really know anything about them first hand, but thought I would pass along the information so you can do a little research on them.

0 Likes