nook for android
oregonmicrobio

I am a new fascinate owner and am wondering if anyone has experience with nook for android?  I don't want to install anything that I will later regret.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: nook for android
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I like the application. It has worked really well on lower end devices like the Droid Eris. It should work nicely with the faster processor in the Fascinate.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Seeing as it's a free app, you could always install it to try it out and then uninstall if you don't like it. Right now I have 45 apps or so on my Eris, but I've probably gone though a couple hundred in the year and a half that I've had my phone.
0 Likes
techlife2

I have Nook on my fascinate phone and use it regularly - no problems.  I actually think it is a little better than Kindle!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i use aldiko, its free and works realy well.

black background with letters of a color to make it easier on your eyes

it supports many formats

0 Likes
magsgundah
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOOK would be easy to uninstall if you didn't want it, but I actually like the application very much.

I don't read on my Fascinate often because, well, it's a phone and both the size and the backlighting are far less comfortable (to me!) than reading on my (e-ink) NOOK Wifi.  I have had no trouble syncing back and forth (although this seems to be a common complaint at the Barnes & Noble forums, I supsect user error) and books download quickly.  Mostly I read from it when waiting for people in situations that I know I won't be reading for more than ten or fifteen minutes - meeting someone for lunch or drinks and I'm early and/or they are late.

• I find "Night" mode to be the most comfortable scheme for reading on the Fascinate, although "Butter" is okay, too.
  • I wish the smallest font option were one size smaller.
  • There are more fonts to choose from than I expected.  Not as many choices as NOOKColor has, but I expected the app to have a very limited selection of fonts.  I usually use Trebuchet MS.
  • The page turning animation is fun at first, but I've turned it because it became distracting AND it killed the battery.
  • I am pleasantly surprised by the app's (lack of) effect on battery life.  I expected it to kill the battery and it really doesn't.

I asked almost the same question before I bought my Fascinate and these are the things I was looking to know, so I hope it helps.  If not, sorry for writing my own mini-Novel.  :smileytongue:

0 Likes