not charging
amlm621

hi, im having issues with my charging i have it pluged in and everything and it still isnt charging, this is a replacement phone already because the other phone i had was doing the same thing. i have the same charger and everything (battery, backing, and usb cord, is the same) phone body is different, ive tried everything i could. i need help. this is my only way to get intouch with any body im a full time student at college and i need this phone so i can call home... any advise...

thanks amber.

0 Likes
Re: not charging
B33
Legend

Amber are Charging it with the charger that came with the SIII or Via a  Laptop or Tower Computer.?  If you are by the way of the Computer go with the Box charger if the Phone is in a Deep Discharge Cycle it will take a little time to Bring it out of that State So you may be Looking at 3 to 6 hours if you have Tried this Long at charging and with No results it may be time for a New Battery or a Charger itself) Have a Rep at a Local Corporate Store Look both of these over to Determine witch might be bad. If the Two test ok then i would Look at the Phone itself. Give these Suggestion a Look and Hopefully something Good comes your Way.. B33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
amlm621

@b33 thanks and i did charge it to my computer at one point in time but has stopped because its not charging either way, ive done bothe the charger and battery i have to wait for the local store to open for anything to be done, ive called tech and thy wanted to resend a new phone and ive told them that, its not solving my issues at hand, the battery and phone both have a pick and white stirpe or lines if thats how to say but it was like that when i bought the first phone, umm i really dont know what to do. this is my only way of talking to anybody

thanks amber

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea i hate to See that) it's frustrating when these things have there issues and basically all we can do on here is give suggestion's to what we do with our personal Devices) there might be a chance one of the Verizon Reps on here will try to Contact Ya! they read allot of the Post and this one might get Looked at so if they Do you can Actually call them if can get you info to them Via  Direct Message So i thought i'd pass that on to ya.. b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I was having a similar problem with charging my phone with the samsung standard cord for charging. I used to be able to use my phone and it would charge while using browser or apps, or games, but was depleting while plugged in. I used my Motorola charger and it was fine again. I think the samsung cord must be really cheaply made, it doesn't seem to work great if you wrap it up over and over again, just from my experience.

0 Likes
k2r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this off an on, especially with my car charger.  It can be plugged in all night and not charge anything, but if I turn the phone off, it shows a charge signal, then turning it back on the charge signal still shows.  This doesn't always work with the car charger though which is more frustrating because it drains so quickly. I'm ready to call for a replacement.

0 Likes