Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
not connecting to 4G LTE
dsavalia

I tried connecting my galaxy nexus to 4G LTE and it would not connect. It just kept showing 3G. I tried airplane mode, battery pull, took out the SIM card and put it back in.

0 Likes
Re: not connecting to 4G LTE
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh no dsavalia, that's not good!

If you are in a 4G area, you should be able to get a 4G signal.  What zip code are you in?  Ensure the Network mode is set to LTE/CDMA.

Let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
carpetman

I too bought the Samsung Galaxy Nexus after researching the availability of 4G in my area. Everything shows that 4G is available in my area. I even chatted with a Verizon rep today and they said there was no  problem with 4G in my area. I have never been able to get 4G.If needed to answer I am in the 37826 and 37303 areas. Both show 4G LTE availability.Any suggestions?

Message was edited by: Glenn <personal information deleted per the TOS> Under my status my phone shows signal strength as -100 dBm and 1 asu and mobile network type as  eHRPD-13. I don't know what all this means.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor

A fair amount of the Galaxy Nexus' have radio connection issues. The upcoming 4.0.5 software update will likely have new radios. I live in an area with a strong 4G signal and my first 2 G Nexus were awful trying to connect. The 3rd one is much better.

0 Likes
ELH

What would cause the preferred network mode to switch automatically from LTE/CDMA to CDMA?

0 Likes