note 4 software update failed
DzRed

"software Update failed", didn't fully update successfully.  Use the Verizon Software Repair, Assistant on computer to repair.  IT DOESN'T.  My computer now doesn't recongize my phone, I did a hard reset, and it's uploading, but never finishes, just stays on that screen.  I did remove the battery.  Any help?  Can I take it to a local Verizon Store, will they be able to help? Or do I need to send it in, to be fixed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: note 4 software update failed
eldonpelton
Enthusiast - Level 1

You might try to start your phone in download mode (home+power+down volume), then try the Software Repair Assistant again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Samsung Smart Switch if the Verizon Software Update agent isn't able to take care of the update. At this point though your device is likely going to need a factory reset.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

how do you use smart switch to do the update??

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

From what I know smart switch assists you with transferring info from device to device and not a software update.

bearone21
Legend

i agree, it worked great transferring contacts, apps, text/pic messages, both lock screen/home screen pics, pics & music from s5 to note5.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can also handle firmware recovery and upgrades. I use it all the time for dealing with Verizon and other carrier Samsung devices.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

how does it do an os update??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to hear your phone is still not updating the new software. Let’s partner up and get to the bottom of this mystery. Can you please provide details on what you are seeing on the phone? For example, will it move past the software update screen? What steps did you take to do the hard reset? Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there is an OS update, and it's been published by Samsung to Samsung Smart Switch, a small prompt will appear from the program stating an update is available. There isn't a way to necessarily force check an update, it just does so automatically. It'll download the firmware image from Samsung, reboot the phone into Download mode, and flash it.

Firmware Recovery (aka your phone is bricked) can be done by going to "Emergency Firmware Initialization" from the Smart Switch menus.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks, i'll try it.

0 Likes