please read if your updates are not working
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

if your update is not working, the first thing to do is to disable all of your radios besides 3g and cellular phone. this includes gps, wifi, and blueooth on these phones. if that still doesn't work, try restarting the phone. if that doesn't work, try restoring factory settings. if that doesn't work, take it in to a store.

0 Likes
Re: please read if your updates are not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
And after you get the update installed, you may need to read this article.
http://www.androidcentral.com/dl09-update-samsung-fascinate-brings-mounting-headache-many

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

this linked article is misleading. my phone is dl09, and mounts just fine after updating as long as you download the drivers from samsung's website. it still mounts in ubuntu 10.10 with no third party driver.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I haven't installed anything special.  It tries to show up as a cd drive but all I do is drag down the notification bar, hit usb storage and then mount. 

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

same, here. I don't use anything besides the drivers in windows, and nothing at all in ubuntu, and my phone mounts just fine. I don't need to sync music, so I just mount the drive and transfer over my files.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

which I think I did get my drivers from the samsung site initially so I could use Odin. :smileywink:

0 Likes