question about editing contacts and notifications
ketah777

Hi, I just got the Samsung Fascinate yesterday and I can't figure out how to edit a contact's number.  I want to delete one of the phone numbers from a contact.  The online manual said to go to the contact info and select the menu button and then "edit".  The problem is there is no "edit" option.  The only options are Delete, Link contact & Mark as Default.  I also don't get an "edit" option when I tap and hold the contact's name from the contacts list. 

Another question I have is how do I set up an alert or notification if I missed a call or text.  My old phone would beep every few minutes to alert me of a missed call or text, but I can't figure out if there is a way to do that with this phone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question about editing contacts and notifications
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
KEtah, You can't edit a Facebook contact. Try this: go to contacts, select add a contact. Select to phone. Type the name the same way it's listed. Select save. The phone will link the two into the same contact. Exit, and then go back into contacts. There you should now see your contact listed with both the phone and FB icons. From there you will be able to select the contact, press the menu button, and then edit.
2nd q: the phone does not have a feature to alert you on a missed call. Go to the Apps market and download Missed Call for Android. It works great! After you install, make sure you check the box "status icon". That way the program will autoload if you turn off your phone.
Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Select your contact,click the menu button, then select edit and edit the info
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
You have to open that contact, then do what I said
0 Likes
ketah777

Well, as I said before, I tried that but there is no "Edit" option.  There are only options for Delete, Link Contact and Mark as Default when I hit the Menu button.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

ketah777 wrote:

Well, as I said before, I tried that but there is no "Edit" option.  There are only options for Delete, Link Contact and Mark as Default when I hit the Menu button.

In your contact list, press and hold down on the contact name you want to edit.  The first option is to Edit.

0 Likes
ketah777

I tried that one too.  "Edit" is not an option in either place on my phone.  Is there something wrong with my phone?

Also, can anyone answer my other question about alerts for a missed call/text?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Something then is definitely wrong.. Take it back to Verizon
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
KEtah, You can't edit a Facebook contact. Try this: go to contacts, select add a contact. Select to phone. Type the name the same way it's listed. Select save. The phone will link the two into the same contact. Exit, and then go back into contacts. There you should now see your contact listed with both the phone and FB icons. From there you will be able to select the contact, press the menu button, and then edit.
2nd q: the phone does not have a feature to alert you on a missed call. Go to the Apps market and download Missed Call for Android. It works great! After you install, make sure you check the box "status icon". That way the program will autoload if you turn off your phone.
Hope that helps!
0 Likes
ketah777

Thank you!  That was very helpful! 

Do you also know of an app for Missed Texts that works well?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
PO_pack_mule mentioned the app called "Missed Call" and is available in the Market. From what I understand, it can be used for all notifications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes