Re: "feeds and updates" widget causing major lag since froyo
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had noticed a lag with my phone even prior to the update. I had hoped that the update would solve it. After the update I assumed it was an app doing that and was trying to figure out which it was.

I have deleted the feeds and updates widget. I cannot believe the improvement in the performance of the phone in general. I only have facebook on that widget fyi.

I have no intention of using it - it simply wasnt something that i utilized alot. Hope this helps somebody.

0 Likes
Kizersosei

Kizersosei wrote:
I have found that it is only with Facebook as well. If I just link my Twitter account to the Feeds and Updates widget, it works fine. However, as soon as I integrate Facebook into Feeds and Updates, the phone starts freezing up again. I just tried adding Facebook to Feeds and Updates on the other Galaxy S Fascinate on my account and it froze up as well. I have a second replacement coming, and I don't think it will work any differently. I will call Samsung Level 2 and 3 support tonight and let them know this is just not an isolated issue with a few Galaxy S Fascinate phones as they were telling me last night. Also, anyone else having trouble with text message and email notifications that the vibration notifications for these are basically non-existent when receiving them? The vibration length is so short now since the 2.2 update, I can no longer feel it hardly at all.

All:

PLEASE call Samsung Level 2 & 3 Support and report this problem:

(888) 987-4357

This is what Verizon had me do after I exhausted every option with them.  You will start at Level 2 Support when you first call Samsung at this number, then move on to Level 3 Support when Level 2 exhausts all their options.  Verizon said this was the next best course of action, since all software/OS updates come from Samsung for their phones.  Make sure you get a Transaction Number from Samsung, too, in case you need to call them back about this issue.

0 Likes
micp879
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else come across this issue since we last talked about it?  Does anyone from verizon technical support have any insight or suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

After review of issues that may have occurred after the update, we have not had many reports regarding a lag in the switching between apps and feeds. You can perform the following troubleshooting steps in order to resolved this issue:

1. Soft reset (remove battery for 10 seconds)

2. Remove third-party applications, then soft reset

3. Factory Reset (Menu > Settings > Privacy)

If you need to do a Factory Reset, please make sure you backup your phones content. 

Hope this helps resolve your issue and if you continue to have issues, we will need to speak with you for further trouble-shooting. 

0 Likes