s4 Message Preview after lollipop
JustinD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hate this Lollipop update.  I want to keep my lockscreen but have the preview for text messages the way it did in KitKat.  Right now it pops up a preview that says "Content Hidden".  I can't see who it is from or any preview of the text.  Under Notifications and Lock Screen I have it set to "Show all content".  Under Notifications and Sounds->Other Sounds->Messaging I have it set to "Preview Messages".  Still doesn't work.  I've tried to toggle off the Preview Messages option but once you close that screen it checks itself again automatically.

Anyone with an S4 had any luck getting the old message previews where it showed you who was texting and the first couple lines of the text? I drive a lot for work and need to be able to see those without trying to unlock my phone.  I hate this update, the colors, the settings, the lack of customization, broken apps....its terrible!

0 Likes
Re: s4 Message Preview after lollipop
Geezerpunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

My preview is working great on the lock screen. Of course I am using a PIN number based lock screen, and in setup under the Sounds and Notifications entry. In Notifications I have "Notifications on lock screens" set to Show all content and "Notification access" with two programs having authorization to write to the lock screen GlanceViewMk and Side Sync.

On my lock screen it shows who is messaging me and a couple of lines. At that point I can slide it off the screen get rid of the notification keep holding on the notification to read more of it, or just tapping on it will take me to it once I type in the PIN to unlock the phone.

Re: s4 Message Preview after lollipop
JustinD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks...mine just started working last night.  No idea why, I finally gave up and left it alone and noticed after a while it was previewing normally and not showing the "content hidden" anymore.  Weird, but I'm glad it is working.  And I have my lock screen setup as PIN as well.

0 Likes