samsung fasinate drivers
sambo

can't seem to find an updated driver that will permit my pc to recognize my samsung fascinate...any hints?

0 Likes
Re: samsung fasinate drivers
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Download driver from here. If you have Win XP, Vista, or 7, following link should work.

Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver_V1.3.550.0_SCH-i500_Fascinate.msi

You will need to save it on your PC and then run it. After it is executed, you may connect Fascinate and it will connect. Let me know if it didn't and what error (if any) you received.

0 Likes
blackfoot1070

So far so good... I've been trying to figure this out for two days now... I thank you for your help. Now I need to download Vcast Apps so I can transfer my music and pics that I want onto my Fascinate. thanks again greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
HarleyDrifter
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Blackfoot1070,

You don't need to use Vcast on your computer to transfer files, pics, music, or videos.  I've found the basic commands like send, move, copy, play, or just drag & drop, to be a lot simpler and less problematic.  Once you've transferred them to your computer you can treat them like any other file.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

You don't need Vcast Apps to transfer music and pictures.  Once you mount the Fascinate, you can simply drag and drop the files into a media directory on the Fascinate.  

0 Likes
uncleslappy

I have tried that download 6 times today, and nothing is working. No usb connection, other that to charge the battery, and no recognition from the PC. I talked to support, but Samsung reps are not available on Sunday. Guess I'll have to waste another day on the phone.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

Uncleslappy,

Does the USB symbol show up when you close the Run ToolLauncher-Bootstrap.exe window?  If it does, pull down the top of the screen where you normally turn on/off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Airplance.  You should see "USB connected" as well.  Hold your finger on USB connected for a few seconds, and you should see the option to mount your fascinate.  

0 Likes
rjsec4ever

I get a <TODO: (insert Korean here) has stopped working> error.

Running Win7 Ultimate 32-bit.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

While my Korean is a little shaky, I believe this means you need to uninstall your USB device and let Windows automatically reinstall it.  You can check this by going into Device manager and checking if there is an issue with one of the USB devices.  Once it is reinstalled, you should be able to mount the Fascinate and transfer files.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Look I don't know if this will be helpful but I do not have any installed drivers from Samsung on my Win 7 64 bit PC or my Win XP 32 bit PC. My Fascinate when first plugged in I get a pop-up asking me if I want to go to Verizon and download some junk from them, I choose NO, after that I get in the notification bar on Fascinate a message about wanting to tranfer files. I click on it, it will ask me if I want to mount SD card, I choose yes and windows pops up with a message asking me what I want to do like view files.

0 Likes