saving text messages and other information
taitee922
Hey can someone please tell me how do I save my text messages and other information to my SD card so I can do a factory reset. My camera isn't working since the 2.2 update and from what I read a reset is needed. Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Likes
Re: saving text messages and other information
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If the contacts are in Google, you're good. Otherwise, open the contacts/people application > press menu > export to sd card.

Download "SMS Backup & Restore from the Market. It will save the sms messages to the sd card. Run the app and have it backup the messages.

Use either Astro or Estrongs file explorer to back up your applications. You will not restore from here. Rather you would use this list as a guide for you to redownload the Apps from the market.

I don't have a option for backing up the call log.

Note somewhere your assigned ringtones, locations of the shortcuts and widgets on your homescreens.

Pictures should be on the sd card so they are safe.

After the reset redownload the SMS Backup & Restore from the Market. Run it and restore your sms messages.

There is also the option of the app "My Backup Pro". It is a paid app and I have heard good things about it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: saving text messages and other information
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

❤️ MyBackup Pro.  It's saved my Angry Birds numerous times due to me blundering something. :smileywink:  I've only used it on 4-letter worded phones but believe it also allows you to backup mms, call logs and various other options whereas SMS Backup & Restore only restores regular sms messages.

0 Likes