sound equalizer not working after system update G920VVRU4DQL1
CHRFEL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the recent update, G920VVRU4DQL1, 12/27/2017, the sound equalizer no longer functions.  you cannot access the advanced sound options through the setting menu or the equalizer setting in the Samsung Music App.

I checked my wife's phone and her's has the same issue.

No sound app allows the equalizer to work.

Labels (2)
32 Replies
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeap really stinks. Hope someone knows what to do. Ill make a topic as well

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want you to be able to use this feature, rush86. Let's look into this and get this fixed. Please clear the app cache/data for the equalizer. Settings>App>App manager>SoundAlive. Have you put the phone in Safe Mode to test the equalizer? If not, please put the phone in Safe Mode. Here's how https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no app for sound alive. If i did mention there was, i made a mistake. There is an app called adapt sound. But no way to clear the cache. This isn't  an app though to begin with. This is something thats in the settings, under sound and vibrations. Its part of the phones software and the update broke it.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW, I have a lot of music on my phone. I use the Pi Music Player. It has an equalizer that can be manipulated. There are equalizer apps in the PlayStore. Have you looked into any of this stuff? Very odd Samsung would remove functionality from their device, unless perhaps code licensing became a problem...

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I might try an app. After i eventually factory reset, and that doesnt work. Just sucks i can't use the phones own sound enhancers and equalizer. And i play music all the time. I can notice the difference right away. Now all the enhancers are off.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yep - you HAVE to back up your content and perform the FDR to see if that fixes the issue. If it does not, then Samsung would have messed up a good thing. I'm hoping for your sake, they did not.

After backing up pictures and music and things, just jot down your downloaded and necessary programs, gather your email and account info, other app credentials (login username and psw). Power down. remove an SD card if you have one. Perform the FDR. It won't be that painful.

First of the year is a good time to re-organize and clean house anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also love to listen to music from my device. What we can do is contact our internal software team here at Verizon and they also work with Samsung so we can get more details on this being disabled.

I will keep you posted when I get more details.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Is there a way to disable the app? sometimes when you disable an app it will

revert back to the original app before any updates?

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not an app its in the settings of the phone.

0 Likes
CHRFEL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried so many different things and nothing worked.  the sound equalizer functioned the day before the update.

It seems like it was disabled in the latest update from Verizon. Maybe Verizon doesn't want us to use the equalizer.

I wish there was a way to revert to the previous software version.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you try factory reset? I would, but i just dont feel like reinstalling everything. I might break and try it though.

0 Likes
CHRFEL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, i have some security software on it I need for work , so factory reset isn't an an option right now.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok i might try in a few days. Ill post my results if i do.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Try a System Cache Wipe first.

1. Power down the phone
  2. Press and hold the Volume up, Home, and Power keys at the same time
  3. When you see the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo, release the Power key.
  4. When you see the Android logo, release the Volume up and Home keys
  5. Press the Volume down key until 'wipe cache partition' is highlighted
  6. Press the Power key to select the option
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted
  8. Press the Power key to select the option
  9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried the wipe, and it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Oh well. It was worth a try. Next stop, backing up your content and performing the Factory Device Reset, aka Factory Data Reset (FDR)..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to have access to customize your phone, CHRFELI. Software updates will make changes to your device are meant to enhance and improve the device. This can at times change settings and remove previous capabilities. If you are no longer seeing this setting through your Music app settings, this is no longer an option to customize. You can look into third party apps for sound. We hope this helps clarify things or you.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm not the OP.

This has possibly been done by Samsung to make their sound sub-system more like that of others. It's a question that needs to be posed to Samsung.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess you didn't read through our posts verizon support. The option is still there, it does not open when you click on it. Please, can you read through our posts. There's two topics explaining the issue.