sync to facebook
dcdude

everytime i try to sync my contacts with my facebook account it says: sync is experiencing errors and will be back shortly.

its been 2 days and it still gives me this error message.

why?

0 Likes
Re: sync to facebook
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Think the built-in facebook is having issues.  Just noticed the same problems yesterday.

0 Likes
dcdude

is there a way to fix it?

0 Likes
Jetsfan17

My phone has been doing that since I got it in September. I was told it's some kind of bug that should be addressed with Froyo, but I seriously doubt that was true. It works sometimes, but mostly not. So frustrating!

0 Likes
HarleyDrifter
Contributor - Level 1

Face it, Facebook is lame.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you can download the facebook app from the market and it will sync your contact photos but that's about it.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Here's a way around that issue without having to download anything new.

1. Open your contacts

2. Press menu

3. Select Get friends

4. Select Facebook

5. You can either select the people you want to import if you only want some or press Select all

6. Press Save

7. Get back to the main page of Contacts

8. Press menu

9. Select Display options

10. Make sure Facebook is selected

11. Press Done.

Now you should be able to see your Facebook contacts in your list of Contacts.  Yes, the autosync part may not be working, but as long as people don't change their information, that shouldn't be a problem.  Also, if they do, you can just go through the first 6 steps of this process to unselect them, then reselect them, and that should correct the information.

0 Likes
Cummins
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok heres the fix, I've finally got it on mine working to get contacts back, syncing fixed etc.

Go to facebook, 

account, privacy, edit your settings on bottom, edit your settings button, on apps

remove samsung mobile apps.

Goto phone, uninstall facebook,  reinstall from market, then login.

THEN goto Contacts, hit the menu on bottom, Accounts.

Add Account, Facebook, sign in etc,  then select all and save.

Work like a charm  (only after 2 hrs fiddling) grrr....

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I think it started working again this afternoon.  I randomly tried to set up the intergrated account again and it worked immediately after being messed up for like a week.. 

0 Likes