sync to home computer
nu2ride

How do I sync my fascinate to home computer?

0 Likes
Re: sync to home computer
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You can follow the steps below to sync the device to a home computer:

Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.

Select Menu.

Select Notifications.

Select USB connected.

Select Mount.

From File Explorer / Finder on the computer, create a new  folder in Removable Disk (X:smileyhappy:.

Removable Disk (X:smileyhappy: represents the SD Card installed in the device. This name may vary.

Use the computer to copy files into the newly created folder.

To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created folder and copy desired files into it.

0 Likes
misoman

Nothing happens when I connect the phone to my PC. I've set the USB for Data and tried it in the media setting. Win7 64 doesn't seem to see the device.

I'd also like to know how to upload text messages from the phone to the PC for review and acrhiving.

0 Likes
misoman

I just figured it out, doi......

0 Likes
misoman

Except how to save and review text messages........

0 Likes
coolbeap

I have the same problem with connecting to home computer.  When I connect my computer and the phone via the provided USB there is a short tone on the phone and it begins to charge, however, there is absolutely no acknowledgement of the phone by my computer.  There is nothing on the Notification screen of the phone, either.  I have tried this in both 'mass storage' and in 'media sync' USB modes.  I have also tried this in the debugging mode (Settings/Applications/Development/USB debugging) without luck.  I have tried to connect to a different computer, but the results are the same...nothing.  The funny thing is that it worked fine the very first time I connected to my computer on the day I got the phone 3 weeks ago, but not since.  Samsung support (an oxymoron), both telephone and via e-mail, has been worthless.  I repeatedly tried downloading the updated USB driver from the Samsung site but received an error message "Content not supported by this device" - pretty nice, huh?  I've searched forums and many discuss variations of the same problem that sometimes are solved by pretty complex steps and downloads, but not reliably.  Samsung seems clueless to the existence of the problem, as well as the solution.  This shouldn't be so difficult!   Does anyone have any suggestions (besides returning the phone for a different model)?

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Plug phone into computer.

On phone, open ..slide down the annunciator/message window.

It should say USB connected..  Tap on that..the USB Connected message.

Then tap on the Mount button. 

Phone will then appear on computer and you can drag/drop files in either direction.

When done, just go back to phone..slide down message window..tap on USB connected and 'turn off'.

You should NOT need any special drivers from samsung.

I have 3 windows 7 laptops and 2 windows xp laptops.  I have 3 new Fascinates and all

3 work fine on any of the laptops.

0 Likes
coolbeap

Thanks, however, when I plug into either of my computers and slide down the Annunciator/messagen window on the phone there is no message indicating any connection has been made.  It does not say "USB connected," therefore, nothing to tap, mount, click on, etc...

I have two computers, and one Fascinate that doesn't work on either computer.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

OK.

From home screen , can you press Menu button, then press 'Settings'....

Scroll down to USB settings...Tap that.

Then tap USB Mode...

Make sure that 'Mass storage' has been selected.

0 Likes
jdtil3

I also am havig this problem. Does the fact that I am on an iMac make a difference?

0 Likes