syncing music, I tunes to phone
parkskaos4

ok I have tried everything here....attach phone via usb cable, all the right things are check (ie usb  debug, mass atorage, mounted...) and my computer will not install driver and I tunes or double twist will not recognize device???

What on earth am I doing wrong???

0 Likes
Re: syncing music, I tunes to phone
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello this is Noah with Verizon Wireless, hope your doing great today. There are currently no Apps that Verizon Wireless offer that allow you to sync itunes audio files with Android phones directly. Third party apps are used at your own risk and are not recommended.

First we want to discuss the music formats of the Samsung Fascinate. The Samsung Fascinate supports the following Audio/Music Formats: Enhanced AAC+ , MP3, unprotected AAC, and unprotected AAC+ formats. Usaully it is easier to convert the itunes M4A or M4P to MP3 audio files, this allows you to transfer them easier. Be advised that unprotected files are usually M4A and M4P files are protected.

To convert the Audio files to MP3 files, go to into the Preferences Panel of iTunes. Click on the orange "Importing" selection and then select an MP3 Encoder for importing. Alter the settings to the settings you want. (itunes version may differ slightly) Then, click Ok and then go back to the main window of iTunes. Select all files you want to convert to MP3 and click on "Advanced" and "Convert Selection to MP3". M4P is DRM protected, please be in accordance with the law when converting these files. Once you have the files converted and put it in the music folder that you want on your PC. Then you can transfer them to the phone.

Step 1. Plug a USB cable into your Samsung Fascinate and connect it to a USB on your PC's USB Port .

Step 2. Once you attach the Samsung Fascinate to the PC with a USB cable. Your PC recognizes the connection and displays USB logo connected in the Annunciator Line and Notifications Panel.

Step 3. Pull down the Notification Panel, then touch USB connected.

Step 4. At the prompt, touch Mount to connect your to the PC to copy files.

Step 5. At this point you can go into your PC My Computer and add the audio files to the folder you have your music in. This folder my vary depending on the phone. Once you have transferred the audio files, you can Un-monut the device, and disconnect the cable then you should be able to access the music on the Samsumg Fascinate.

0 Likes
hellopretty86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not sure if this will work, but when you plug it in, pull down on your notifications bar and mount the SD card. It should show up as a drive then. then tried to pull itunes up and transfer music

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You would want to convert the files to another format first (preferably MP3), then transfer them to to a folder on the PC, from there you can copy and paste the files to the PC. You would not use itunes to sync with the device, you would transfer the music files using your My Computer.   

0 Likes
fr567

Noah's post was very helpful but I found a small difference in my I-tunes. My preference panel did not seem to have an Importing selection. I went to the Advanced menu and there was a single option to Create ACC. (Note - you have to select your songs before you can select Create ACC). I did this and copied a song to a folder on the Fascinate I created using my PC. Worked fine.

Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes