text bubbles
ginagee10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there other view options for text messages besides the bubbles? I feel like a 2nd grader.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text bubbles
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

look up Handcent SMS in the market.  It's much better than the stock app. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

No, there are no options to change the text bubbles; however, you could try downloading another message app that allows you to customize that.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

look up Handcent SMS in the market.  It's much better than the stock app. 

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Pjnc284 please tell me about Handcent, I am afraid of downloading it. Do you text the same as stock that is on phone and pull your contacts up same way and reply same way? Right now I click message and then new message to send to someone and reply is easy but I see people talking about Handcent so if you can explain it to me. Thanks

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, it operates pretty much the same as the stock messaging app but gives a lot more options in regards to customizing how it looks, reminders for missed messages, and a bunch of other stuff.  Really like how you can give it its own vibration pattern so you can distinguish it from other notifications. Below are some screen shots. The last two images show two different conversation styles.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

PJNC284 thanks a lot and I will download and check it out, if I don't like I can always use the stock one. I have an app called missed calls by Anno which gives me alerts and probably have to delete that if Handcent works out. Thanks again

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Frank, while you're trying out Handcent, you might also want to try Go SMS.  When you type in Handcent, Go also comes up in the results on the Android Market.  There are some former users of Handcent who like Go better.  Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

0 Likes
ginagee10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!!!! I went to the Verizon store last night ready to exchange this phone for the Incredible and the salesperson had the same phone and suggested the Handcent app too.  It works great but now I have to figure out how to fix the duplicate notifications.  And there is a pop up in the middle of my screen when a new text comes in too. 

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

To turn off your stock messaging app's notifications,

1. go into the stock messaging app

2. press the menu button

3. uncheck Notifications

You shouldn't receive double notifications after doing this.

0 Likes
ginagee10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! It worked!!!!

0 Likes