texting on the samsung fascinate doesn't always get delivered!
2bella

I have noticed that some of the sms text messages are not received.  I have sat side by side with another person who has the same fascinate phone, and we have texted back and forth , and there is definitely a problem!  Not all of the texts are received and there isn't notification that the text failed.   Furthermore, text messages are not received on other phones that we frequently text.   I have called Verizon tech support and they haven't heard of this issue.

I have done a battery pull, *228, and blah blah blah, and the problems still persists.

Another issue is that sometimes the text is very delayed.  

Most of us RELY heavily on texting for communication.  THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!:   :smileymad:

I have been with verizon for over 10 years, never had problems texting with my blackberry, or LG phones.

Is this a Samsung Fascinate issue only ?  Will the froyo fix this bug?

PLEASE ADVISE.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: texting on the samsung fascinate doesn't always get delivered!
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

This is a known issue and is currently being worked on. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: texting on the Samsung fascinate doesn't always get delivered!
Scott33

I am having the same issues, but most often, I can send, they receive, but I do not receive their reply, or sometime 10 minutes sometimes hours later I receive their replies.  Very Frustrating, I am starting to miss my Blackberry

0 Likes
2bella

I am seriously missing the blackberry too....Verizon fix this!!!!!!!:smileymad:

0 Likes
slomienm

I am experiencing the same problem with my Fascinate after only 1 day.  Tried *228 and battery pull, with no results.  Also people call my phone and it goes straight to voicemail.  Never had any of these problems with BlackBerry Tour from the fhe same locations.

0 Likes
Cheffylong

SAME PROBLEM....

Some txts are missing...

All MMS txts do not get received by fascinate....... I can send pics... NOT RECEIVE

other people have informed me that they receive txts that my phone is not accepting they're txts.

I have checked with another fascinate of the same purchase time.... Same problem!!!

Come on Verizon and Samsung... Texting is a core service that MUST be solid working order

before the customer pays for its service!!!!!!!    Please announce that you acknowledge this enormous

problem and that you are working to fix it with an update!!!

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like a network connection issue to me.

The Android OS upgrade should have no impact on whether you can receive a signal on Verizon's network.

However, there may be a Verizon update coming that may help remedy this (actually, as you may have noticed, some people are quite upset because they heard rumors that this update was coming on the 10th, and it didn't).

Personally, I've only noticed an issue with my phone in certain places where I would expect reception to be lost.  Every time I don't have reception, no one else has reception either, so I can't say that it's just my Fascinate.  But I have noticed that sometimes the phone will tell me that my message was not delivered when it really was.

0 Likes
cmdrgeist

This is actually a known issue in android, that Google is looking to fix in a future update (it's not just samsung that doesn't fix things). The current recommended fix is to download and use a third-party  SMS app (take you pick, read reviews, I recommend Handcent after using it on my Droid, and then on the Fascinate).

0 Likes
NewToDroid1

I have had the same problem with my phone and I talked to a Verizon representative about the issue.  Essentially, the phone has been placing a "1" in front of my contacts.  According to Verizon representatives, the phone doesn't recognize this as a valid phone number for text messages, so the texts are never sent.  I've tried deleting these contacts and re-creating them, I've taken out the battery, restarted the phone, cleared all existing messages for the contact... but after I send a message or two to the contact, the "1" appears again. 

Verizon contacted me again later to say they are working on an update to fix this problem.  Unfortunately, I didn't see it on the list of fixes in the most recent update. 

I am a new customer to Verizon from a different phone carrier.  They transferred my contacts from my blackberry onto this phone.  I am not sure if this contributed to the problem. 

Anyways, when you send a text message, check to see if the phone number listed at the top to see if it starts with a "1".

0 Likes
busboy

I can't receive text messages from anyone.  Also, when I send a text message, it comes up as blank with no text in the person receiving it.  Basically, I have no text message capability.  I talked to Verizon, they say they know about it and are working on a fix.  It is affecting lots of Fascinate owners.  Something is messed up in the software of the phone and it will require reprogramming to fix it, once Verizon figures out what exactly the problem is. 

My phone will also not notify me when I have a voice mail.  Verizon says they are aware of both issues and are "working on a fix".  Meanwhile, I hate my phone.  Am seriously considering leaving Verizon if they can't fix this problem asap. 

0 Likes
RobynStille

Texting had been working fine for me.  However, in the past two days, my messages never go through.  I just get a spinning circle that never quits.  It seems to be that way for all outgoing texts, though I was able to receive.  Frustrating indeed.

0 Likes