Re: texting on the Samsung fascinate doesn't always get delivered!
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have experienced three times that my text did not go through to a recipient.  However I was in a non-coverage area.  However, I have also have two people tell me they sent me a text that I never received.  This was prior to the last update though.  Not sure why or what.  So 90% seems fine but it does cause me to question what's up?

0 Likes
Jayhawkfan33

I am having the same issue but it seems to not work with just one number on a different service provider. I have not experienced this problem with the countless blackberry's and LG's I've had in the past. Like the first poster, I have dialed *228 and pulled the battery multiple times-nothing seems to work and it's very frustrating. Is there anything that can fix this?

0 Likes
galaxyfail

I was in the middle of text-chatting and then the phone went dud !!  Can't get my message delivered and now can't do anything w/it.

0 Likes
Re: texting on the samsung fascinate doesn't always get delivered!
ireash

You are not expecting Verizon to do anythiong about this do you?

They cant even get our phones updated and you want them to fix a major flaw????  :smileywink:

dont hold your breath!

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

This is a known issue and is currently being worked on. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZW

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

I don't believe anything vzw says because you have a reputation for being LIARS! Vzw is going to work on it just like they worked on froyo right!?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I was told the same thing when I called in the past
0 Likes
techsavyconsumer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Fixed It!

Hey guys I'm having the same problem with my samsung fascinate, it sends text messages really late like hours sometimes days late.(very embarrassing when friends get weird text they were meant to receive days ago.) I found a way to make sure your text messages are not being delayed when you send them so listen up.

I think the problem accours when the messaging service running on the OS stalls. (the standard messaging app might work but the service that manages sending/recieving messages has stalled.) This could be caused by having to many conversation threads in the history or by sending a message that is to big to too many recepients.(not sure but either way can be fixed.)

Note: this is not a permanent fix, this is only a way of making sure your messages get sent in the moment you notice they having been sent. 

Prerequisites (only have to do this once)

- Go to messaging app - then settings. In setting make sure Auto-retrieve and Delivery reports are check/enabled. (this will make the phone automatically send/receive messages and each message will now show the send status (success/fail))

- If you notice you have a unnessesary amount of threads in your message history press the menu button  and delete some.(just a percaution.)

The Fix:

-In the moment you notice a message you sent does not have the successful send marker showing on it this text has been delayed due to the messaging service stalling. (you can check by simply sending a message to yourself. if you get no reply the service has stalled and your messages are being delayed.)

-To fix this: from home press the Applicatons button to display all your apps - press settings icon - applications - running services.

-from here find the messaging service in the list (com.android.mms). If you have the latest android update you may have to press the menu button - then "show cached processes" in order to see the messsaging service in the list. once you see it stop the service.

-Go back to the messaging app and send a simple text message. this will restart the messaging service which will cause all your messages to send/recieve right away. (I just send a message to my self, that way i can see if the message send and receive successfully.)

While Verizon decides wither this issue is important enough to fix or how to fix it you should really try this it works every time, very simple to do I just wrote so many steps cause I wanted to be thorough. sorry for the long post

ladywolf_siobhan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tired this and it didn't work for me.  Man, I can't wait to get rid of Verizon!

0 Likes