texts not working?
marissa_ruby

I have a problem that i cant send texts to a certain number. i know the number hasn't blocked me because its my boyfriend, but it randomly wont send him texts even when i have full bars. anyone have a similar problem?

0 Likes
Re: texts not working?
hendricks1

This can happen, the towers can hold the messages for varies reasons. one thing to ry is power cycle your device, then *228 opt 1 when it comes back up, usually a reactivation will correct the issue, also is he a part of verizon or a different carrier, as this can sometimes cause the same issue and in some cases requires a trouble ticket to see what is going on, if it is on verizons end or the other carriers.

0 Likes
marissa_ruby

he is on another carrier.

0 Likes
hendricks1

what carrier? knowing this information can make all the difference. If you have a signature that shows in your text, this can cause an issue when the text is going from tower to switch to be sent to the other carrier, you see when you text someone on the same network, that text hits no less then 5 towers and switches before it's delivered to the recipient, the same is said for someone on a different carrier only it goes through verizon towers and swiches then is converted over to the other carriers towers and switchs which mean that text can hit at least 10 + towers and switchs before it even makes it to the other person. so at any point and time in that process the text can get held up or stopped all together for varies reasons. for example if a tower is overloaded with calls or other text, even data concerns the text may be pushed back to the previous tower or switch  to be resent out, if it can't be resent out from the previous point it will just fall dead in the water and stay at that point until you try to resend it or the demands on that site let up. this can take minutes to days sometimes even weeks in larger more populated areas.

0 Likes