updating not working
Gaen

Hi im trying to update my phone. I was able to do the update for one of my phones fine, but when i try to do it on mine when i go to about phone ->system update -> and then check new it flashes for about a couple of seconds that says please wait then stops and goes back to the screen where the pop up with the 3 options to click status, check new or about. when it takes me back to that menu part nothing happens. its as if its crashing once it tries to look for the update.... i tried everything i could think of and nothing.... and no my wifi isnt on.

0 Likes
Re: updating not working
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Try a factory reset.
0 Likes
Gaen

this would be like reformating a computer right? as in all my apps and downloads would be erased?

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, your phone would be reset to how it  was the first day you had it.

Did you try turning off phone, removing battery for 5 minutes, reinstall battery, then try

update again?  This wont erase or change anything on your phone and is simple enough

to try prior to doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Take the battery out and then take hammer to phone then take battery to VZW store and throw through the window

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Gaen, ReverendOD had a similar issue, and the solution to his problem was taking it to the Verizon store.  After spending a good deal of time there, they finally issued him a replacement phone (which they mailed to him).

Another option, since you have two phones, is to try calling the number Verizon has set up.  The number is:

(800) 922-0204

This number is the number for Verizon Wireless Customer Care and was taken from the DL09 update PDF.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

Gaen wrote:

Hi im trying to update my phone. I was able to do the update for one of my phones fine, but when i try to do it on mine when i go to about phone ->system update -> and then check new it flashes for about a couple of seconds that says please wait then stops and goes back to the screen where the pop up with the 3 options to click status, check new or about. when it takes me back to that menu part nothing happens. its as if its crashing once it tries to look for the update.... i tried everything i could think of and nothing.... and no my wifi isnt on.

did you turn off all the radios besides cell and  3g? if you don't, the update will not go through.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

......... so what are you speaking of about turn off radio's?

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

these phones have no fewer than 5 radios. wifi, bluetooth, gps, 3g, cellular phone. each one has a little radio, and antenna associated with it. you must turn off all radios besides 3g and cellular phone (as these are required for the update) for the update to work. it's likely the other person that got a new phone had one of these other radios on, and the verizon store clerks missed this.

0 Likes