upgrading from a fascinate
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Im thinking of upgrading from a fascinate to either a nexus or razor. I have been pleased with the fascinate . I have u=nlimited data and the 2 gb hotspot feature and it seems to run fairly quick with my laptop connected. I would like to know what to expect from the 4g hotspot would i see an inprovement to the speed of my hotspot connection to warrant an upgrade . Anyone upgrade from a fascinate to either the nexus or razor? any thoughts appreciated    jesse

0 Likes
Re: upgrading from a fascinate
Not applicable

Good Afternoon Jaxle67,

I understand your excitement with upgrading to a new 4G device! You will definitely see a considerable improvement in data speeds over your 3G device. The Nexus and Razr are both excellent options; however, the same improvements would be gained with any 4G device based on network speed.

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/4g-network-verizon-wireless

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: upgrading from a fascinate
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Jaxle67,

As my co-worker stated, you will see a HUGE difference in speeds in 4G LTE data services in comparison to 3G! Below, I have listed a chart on what speeds you can expect from our 4G LTE data service.

• Average Throughput (publicly quoted): 5 - 12 Mbps
  • Downlink/Uplink: 2 - 5 Mbps
  • Expected Latency: 30 ms < 50 ms real time

If you have not tested one of our 4G devices then I highly encourage you to do so! You will find that you will, oftentimes, get speeds well above the expected metrics above, which can be up to 10 times the speeds of 3G. As far as the two devices that you have been shopping for, it's like comparing a BMW and a Mercedes-Benz. You really can't go wrong with either one! If you would like to do some comparison shopping then here are two links for you to do a "deep dive" into each device's unique characteristics and performance.

If you are a fan of color selection then the Razr has the advantage because you have the choice of a black, white, and purple device. Also, there is a Razr Maxx, http://bit.ly/xG4TyY, that has a larger battery for heavy wireless users. Once you have made your decision on your new 4G device then feel free to post what you decided on as I am eager to know!

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes