virus issue - topappsquare.com
coastghost
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone accidentally installed a virus on their Galaxy Nexus that automatically sends you apps daily I went to the Verizon store and was told I have a virus and need to reset my phone. I really do not want to do that, so I thought I would check here for any ideas. When I can check for any identifying info, all I could find was topappsquare.com, and when I tried to access it, I was denied. Any helpful ideas anyone? 

0 Likes
Re: virus issue - topappsquare.com
Tidbits
Legend

Why would you not like to factory reset your phone?

0 Likes
coastghost
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't want to have to start out new again. It has taken me three months to get as far as I am. You are dealing with a real novice. Also, I can't figure out what I did to get it in the first place. Would like to know that too. Only tried a few apps.

0 Likes
robinr56

You can download an app to get rid of it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Install MyBackup from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&feature=search_result#?t=W251b...and install all apps, text and messages....  This way when you reset you wont have to worry about loosing anything and restoring the items can be done as a bundle restore but dont restore and system settings and since you believe you are infected use caution on the apps you place back on the device to avoid putting issue back.

Have you tried Air Push Detector at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGws...and see if it detects and spamming or malware access... 

0 Likes
pitty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem with my droid 2, daily notifications from top app. I had downloaded a music player app a while ago.Recently I opened the app to download some music, there was that red bulls eye pulsing at me. I recalled I had pressed the button and was asked if I wanted to the know the top apps, I must have said yes.

To make a long story short,I uninstalled the music player, mp3 I believe the name was, a red dot with earphones.. Today I did not get the notification on my phone.  Oh ya, after I took it off I read the info for  reinstalling it.A de bugged version is available.Thanks but no thanks I'll find another music player.

coastghost
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much. I had the same app. Uninstalled it and problem is resolved. Thanks again.

0 Likes