w/ JB ...How do you update a GNex connection to the network
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I did search and REALLY can't find info on PRL settings and updating network connections, Verizon, can we have the proper link...or if removing and replacing the sim card updates the connection it's self, the link Jennifer just has inserting and removing sim card.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! There's been a lot of updates to the Nexus and to the network lately. I've noticed the Perferred Roaming List (PRL) for the Nexus has recently changed, so we may just need to update that phone's connection to the network. You can see your current PRL Apps > Settings > About phone > Status. It's extremely easy to update the LTE devices, just follow the steps at http://bit.ly/znMW74 while on the Verizon Wireless network to reboot the SIM and the update will follow within a minute of the phone turning on.

Keep me posted if you're still having trouble seeing the roam indicator while you're connected to the Network Extender.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: w/ JB ...How do you update a GNex connection to the network
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

My PRL version is 15145

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's the process I'm aware of.

My PRL recently changed as discussed in this other thread.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/784192

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cynindesign,

Thanks for following up with us. The information Jennifer provided is correct. To update your PRL on your 4G phone, all you have to do is power off the phone, remove the back cover, battery and sim card for about one minute. Then re-insert the sim card, battery, back cover and power on your device. If there is an updated PRL available, the phone will automatically update within a minute of powering on the device.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you that is good to know.

0 Likes