when is the S8+ getting Oreo?
tengokei
Enthusiast - Level 2

So now that Samsung finally got the Oreo update situated and rolling out, how much longer before Verizon gets their butts in gear and starts putting their garbage into it and sending it out to our phones? All this every time? It makes me always want to buy an unlocked phone so I can get timely updates instead of waiting for this two step <<removed>> all the time.

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Re: when is the S8+ getting Oreo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that your Galaxy S8+ has the latest software version. At this time, we do not have information regarding the scheduled rollout of Android Oreo for the Samsung Galaxy S8+. For more information, please contact the manufacturer.

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

You can update to the 9+.

tengokei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lol thanks for the reply even though I expected as much. Sorry I didn't think I said anything that was bad enough to be removed but I don't really recall the exact words I said anymore, I'm just really frustrated with all the red tape these days just to get a software update

0 Likes
tengokei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I am not really one of those people who just loves to throw away money just because the latest thing came out especially when their biggest update is a camera aperture to shoot at low light. I will wait another year until a real innovation hits the next round and see then. I just get really frustrated with this new disposable society we live in. Companies no longer care about the products that they already made and just want you to buy the new version to make money. While I love the Galaxy series, I guess it is time to just buy an unlocked Pixel so I never have to wait for a software update again as Google actually cares about their phones sometimes even 3 or 4 models back.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

tengokei wrote:

It makes me always want to buy an unlocked phone so I can get timely updates

Last year all of the carrier S7/Edge phones were updated to Nougat before the unlocked non carrier version. The Verizon S7 was updated to Nougat on February 21, 2017. 

The unlocked S7 was updated to Nougat months later in May.

S7 G930U / G935U Security Updates - Samsung Community - 47620

If timely updates are important to you, buy Google Devices.

0 Likes
tengokei
Enthusiast - Level 2

while I am not sure where you got your info from as I know someone who has an S7 from Verizon, but that is not important. You are right though as much as I love the Galaxy, should just buy Google.

0 Likes
flowingsphere

I think it's pretty sad that Verizon Wireless product management or marketing doesn't pony up and actually provide even a vague, non-guaranteed timeline for upgrade to Oreo.  Also, should it really take multiple quarters to qualify?  I think not.   Pretty sad for the flagship mobile offering from Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tengokei We know the importance of having the latest and greatest software update. We're curious is there a specific reason you're looking for this update? Is everything alright with your phone?

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tengokei
Enthusiast - Level 2

No there is nothing wrong with my phone..... I am just one of the annoying people in the World who always wants everything new now and doesn't like waiting very long for new tech / software

0 Likes