Re: when is the S8+ getting Oreo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flowingsphere, we understand the importance of making sure your device has the latest update when they are available. Please allow us the opportunity to further go over the details. The device software update is released by the manufacturer. At this time, we do not have information regarding the scheduled roll out of Android Oreo. Please follow this link http://vz.to/2iGID6Y to view latest software updates for your device.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
DBBAFTERMATH85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also annoyed, I understand how the update is passed between, Google, Samsung and then carrier, but Verizon is Always the last to get updates pushed. I am not an Apple fan, but at least you can count on when you'll get the update. Where with this it is rolled out by Google late August of 2017, tossed around by Samsung until December then started rolling out at other carriers. I understand Samsung stopped the roll out to fix some glitch, but still. We will prolly get the new up date close to Android P. Blame who you will, but Verizon has been the last of major carriers to rollout updates since 2011.

bowens8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Why do we always have to wait so long.  Now it has been put off long enough for the S9 to be released.  Could it be a ploy to get us to spend more money to update phones when I have 2 less than a month old and a third about 3 months. Already outdated.  Get off your hands Verizon.  I have resisted however other carriers are becoming more appealing all the time. 

0 Likes
bowens8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same ol runaround we always get.

0 Likes
flowingsphere

One of the techs mentioned that they are at the mercy of the manufacturer, which is true.  However, the image IS out and being distributed throughout Europe and has been for a month.  That said, not being able to give customers even a rough idea of when the image is coming is where Verizon should be concerned they are pissing off their customers.  Then again, snapface waits for no one.

0 Likes
GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

Being released 3/18/2018

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bowens8, 

I'm sorry that you feel this way as we want you to have the latest updates available for your device. We don't want you to leave the VZW team. Allow us to help. Here's a link that will keep you up to date with our available software updates http://vz.to/2iGID6Y. What concerns do you have with your current device?

CoreyM_VZW 

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes