when will we get an update
bharned

Does anyone know when the galaxy nexus will get an update. Over all the phone is great. I am sick of how bad the radio is and I live in Washington DC. We also need to get support for volume while using the phone and speaker.

Can we also get a good car dock with the 3 pin.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: when will we get an update
Tidbits
Legend

Question 1 - When Google is ready to release 4.0.4 or 4.0.5(There is a leak for 4.0.4 and done wonders for some. Still some rough edges. 4.0.5 there is a screenshot of 4.0.5 from a french carrier I think floating around).

Question 2 - That is up to Samsung. They have yet to release it. Their website said late January and they have yet to release them.

0 Likes
bharned

Thanks for the post. I know 4.0.4 is out and has better radio with other fixes. Have seen leaked version for unrooted phones. I am hoping someone from verizon will chime in as well, doubt they will. First time android owner. I have never rooted, think its time to learn. Yes, I am impatient when I see a couple leaked updates.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon has little say for the Nexus line of phones. All updates come straight from Google. They won't know until people start getting the updates.

0 Likes
holmsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely root if you're up to the task and don't mind voiding your warranty. There are toolkits that make it extremely simple, look for the one by a guy named "Wug". I recommend Apex 1.0.2 ROM which is based on 4.0.3 and update the radios to 4.0.4.

0 Likes
bharned

Thinking you are right. Been reading lots of forums. There are sime good ones. I have been told it would only take about 30 mins being a newbe that I am. Thanks

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Should be less unless you haven't installed the files... Well you don't need too... You could do it with just Fastboot and adb files.

0 Likes
bharned

I will look into that. I need to look ito a few things first about warranty and then I will dig in.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Your hardware warranty I'd pretty much intact. The software warranty is gone. Google has been good about that. I have had replacements for my rooted Nexus one. Even told them i rooted.

0 Likes
bharned

cool, good to know. The other thing is, I am heavy into building computers. I will most likley do more than just root if it helps. Need to make sure the phone wont get to hot and so on.

0 Likes