wifi only
nancykay

does anyone know if I can browse the web with wifi only with the fascinate ph

0 Likes
Re: wifi only
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can turn off the data connection and just use WiFi to connect to the Internet.  However, you can't have a smartphone on the Verizon Wireless network without a data plan.  It is required.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nancykay

thanks ann154,,but that don't work either, i'm in no mans land for data, but do have wifi and it will not load web pages on phone with data on or off

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connected to your WiFi network?  You have to turn the WiFi on and then select the network to connect to.  You might need to enter the WiFi password to grant you access.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nancykay

oh yea,,connected to network and all the other stuff that goes along with it,  but still no web access on the phone. I am able to access store and am recieving email notifactions, but just can't access web thr browsers

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just so I understand correctly, you can access the Play Store and email from your phone via a wifi network but can't access the Internet?

0 Likes
nancykay

thats right

0 Likes
nancykay

i called tech support about this and the last resort was to do a factory reset,,, it aint that important right now, so i will use the old faithful, a desktop pc.   thanks for the response tho.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

nancykay wrote:

i called tech support about this and the last resort was to do a factory reset,,, it aint that important right now, so i will use the old faithful, a desktop pc.   thanks for the response tho.

I'm inclined to agree with them. It doesn't make sense that everything else connects to the internet except the browser application. You could try clearing the data for your browser app or try a different browser from the Play Store. Otherwise I hav run out of ideas.

0 Likes