will this update work
xtremelow

i have a nexus and it always drops the calls and drops the 4g and never connects to 3g ...tech tells me im to far away from a tower but my friends razr max is next to mine and never loses connection to 4g/3g or drops any of the calls n we are only max 2 miles from a verizon tower... i had my nexus replaced 2 times and all the nexus did the same thing so if any1 knows if this update is fixing the connection prob. let us know b4 i decide to send this nexus back b4 my 14 day trail is up......since this nexus is saying its up to date but it hasnt recieved the new update that just came out

0 Likes
Re: will this update work
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Motorola devices tend to have better radios than their Samsung counterparts so that would explain why the Razr maintains signal and the Nexus doesn't.

0 Likes
Liskrig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly doubt it will fix that issue. I have had the Galaxy Nexus since February and I have had the same exact problems from day one, and I have tried to fix them myself (through methods unmentionable) and not even those work, so I highly doubt this all-mighty update will fix anything. I do want to say good call on trading it in though. I wish I could do the same.

0 Likes
Colecago
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't gotten the OTA update, but I did update on Google's leaked one.  It seemed to solve my dropped call issues, my WiFi dropping issues, and switching between WiFi and 3G data issues.  The signals didn't really seem any stronger, but they wouldn't drop randomly.  Also, the audio seemed weird after updating, it seemed to get softer and louder as someone talked, almost like it was warbling, it made it harder to hear people.  It could have been the fault of the headset or the person talking, it was hard to tell.

I've since reverted back to stock because I would rather get the official release as I thought it was imminent after the documents on Verizon's site talking about the update (no date though).  I've seen tons of blogs saying its coming out but have yet to see a bunch of users receiving it, so I don't know.  If you are near your 14 day window, I'd just get a different phone, don't hold your breath on waiting for the update, or any future updates.  Those of us left are just orphaned children of Google and Verizon and we need to look elsewhere for support (ie xda).

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

From what has been reported, it could. I say could because with the last 3 years of updates and what not that I have been a part of on Verizon, with several different phones, most of the time they do fix the known problems but it is not 100% guaranteed.... At this point, I would say if you are at all skeptical with the update fixing it, how the whole update process has been handled, or anything else....don't risk being stuck with a phone that does not work or is supported the way it is supposed to be. If the update doesn't fix it, the likelihood that Google would issue a new update as soon as possible is a good, but the downside is, Verizon would need to test it and at this rate, this update has been delayed by 4 or more months already.

As far as the other updates I have been a part of on Verizon, they have been delayed on average from 6 months to a year...and beings they are handling the GNEX the same as any other phone (even though that voids the promises and processes that we are supposed to get with the GNEX) I have no hope of having the advantage or experience that is supposed to be included with the GNEX

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi xtremelow,

I understand your anticipation for the software update. Please keep in mind that it may take a few weeks for update to be pushed to all devices. Be assured that your device will get it soon.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
xtremelow

well it doesnt matter about the update i sent the nexus back .. hopefully the galaxy 3 will b better if not ill return that cell also b4 the 14 day return is up... then maybe ill get a iphone ... i cant stand motorola wht so ever with all the bloatware on it so ill never get a motorola ever again

0 Likes