Network extender error 5a
Cherilynfoisy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi- can’t get my network extender to connect to my router even after opening ports. Still receiving a 5a error. Beyond frustrating considering I only need this extender because Verizon has suboptimal service in my town all of a sudden. 

0 Likes
Re: Network extender error 5a
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

Does your router have dhcp enabled?

The network extender needs to get an IP number from the router as well as the DNS, and Internet gateway address.  It sounds like your network extender is not getting the number or it is not getting the GPS signal properly. Place the GPS sensor on outside window and see if the net extender gets past the GPS process in the boot process.

If you press the button on the side it should show the IP number in the LCD if dhcp is working.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Cherilynfoisy wrote:

Hi- can’t get my network extender to connect to my router even after opening ports. Still receiving a 5a error. Beyond frustrating considering I only need this extender because Verizon has suboptimal service in my town all of a sudden. 

Did this ever work or is it a new installation of the extender?  Error 5A is failure to get certificate from a Verizon server.  Have you called 800-922-0204 to ensure the extender's MAC ID is properly associated with your account in the Verizon database?  Do you have IPSEC enabled in your router?

4G Net Extender Step 5a issue.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Merry Christmas, your feedback is highly appreciated, this is never the experience we want to provide, we are in constant evolution to make the service better for you! We'd love to address your service concerns and turn your experience around. Please, send us a PM for further assistance.

>Daniela

Becko1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you please assist me? I  came here looking for help because I can’t get my Verizon Extender to work. I have spent more than an hour “chatting” on line and am getting nowhere. I still have Error Code 5A. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize you're looking for assistance and I just sent a reply, Please send us a private message with what you were informed by my chat colleges, and I'll look into your concerns to assist you further. 

-Ed

0 Likes