Samsung Verizon Network Extender 2
ekinsman
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have a Samsung (branded) Verizon Network Extender 2 that Verizon given to me. I've had it for years now. It worked great yesterday; then early this morning around '1 am' or so I noticed the signal on my phone wasn't all full bars (that generally happens with the Verizon network extender being on). So, I waited; thinking maybe its extremely cloudy out there and the satellite in the sky was blocked... Anyway this morning I woke up; same issue still...half the bars on my phone still. I looked at my Network Extender and I figured it would have a blinking blue light or something; but to my surprise its a solid blue light (and it says on the screen--"Verizon Network in-service"). So, it must be working. So, I decided I'd unplug the power cord from it and power cycle it to reset it. it went through the process and came back on all good...but my phone still doesn't show its connected to the device. So I dialed that #48 to listen to the automated message and it use to say "welcome to Verizon you are connected to your Verizon Network extender with ID xxxx",....this time it says "welcome to Verizon you are not under a network extender, please move closer to extender". So, I am unsure why my phone isn't connecting to it anymore. I didn't do anything different.
I am unsure what step I need to do next to resolve this...

Thanks

0 Likes
9 Replies
anoatok
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have exactly the same problem… satellites connected but no devices. I even connected through the web interface and all is fine except no connected devices… and apparently there is no way to update the software of the extender. Happened a few days ago (worked flawlessly for years before that) and nothing has changed except all iPhones in the house updated to iOS 16.6.1… could that be causing a discrepancy?  Help!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@anoatok wrote:

I have exactly the same problem… satellites connected but no devices. I even connected through the web interface and all is fine except no connected devices… and apparently there is no way to update the software of the extender. Happened a few days ago (worked flawlessly for years before that) and nothing has changed except all iPhones in the house updated to iOS 16.6.1… could that be causing a discrepancy?  Help!

Which exact model of extender do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
anoatok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks very much. It’s an SLS-BU10B. I believe they have stopped supporting the BU103, but I assume this model is still being supported.

Could someone from Verizon please respond to this open question? It’s been several days and we cannot connect any phones to the extender despite the fact that everything else about it is apparently working fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey anoatok, we're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your network extender, and are here to help. To answer your question, only the Network Extender 1 is being retired. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us for more help.

-Joseph

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hey anoatok, we're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your network extender, and are here to help. To answer your question, only the Network Extender 1 is being retired. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us for more help.

-Joseph

In the thread below, a Verizon agent states that the 4G LTE Network extender being discussed is being retired. Who is right?

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Signal-boosters/Samsung-4G-LTE-Network-Extender-IPSec/td-p/1708701

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@anoatok wrote:

Thanks very much. It’s an SLS-BU10B. I believe they have stopped supporting the BU103, but I assume this model is still being supported.

The SLS-BU10B is still an older Samsung version and may be included in the extenders being phased out.  Hopefully a knowledgeable agent will chime in here?!?!?!

0 Likes
anoatok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks very much—I really appreciate the help, especially since Verizon is apparently silent on the matter. Will look into that…

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ekinsman wrote:

So I have a Samsung (branded) Verizon Network Extender 2 that Verizon given to me. I've had it for years now. It worked great yesterday; then early this morning around '1 am' or so I noticed the signal on my phone wasn't all full bars (that generally happens with the Verizon network extender being on). So, I waited; thinking maybe its extremely cloudy out there and the satellite in the sky was blocked... Anyway this morning I woke up; same issue still...half the bars on my phone still. I looked at my Network Extender and I figured it would have a blinking blue light or something; but to my surprise its a solid blue light (and it says on the screen--"Verizon Network in-service"). So, it must be working. So, I decided I'd unplug the power cord from it and power cycle it to reset it. it went through the process and came back on all good...but my phone still doesn't show its connected to the device. So I dialed that #48 to listen to the automated message and it use to say "welcome to Verizon you are connected to your Verizon Network extender with ID xxxx",....this time it says "welcome to Verizon you are not under a network extender, please move closer to extender". So, I am unsure why my phone isn't connecting to it anymore. I didn't do anything different.
I am unsure what step I need to do next to resolve this...

Thanks

Which model 4G LTE Network extender do you have?  Take a look at this thread:

Community Forums - Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender IPSec - Verizon Community

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ekinsman. We would love to help. Has the extender recently had a software update? Have you reset your router? Any other LED issues?-Joe

0 Likes