Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
About the VZW Terms of Service of this message board, and also about trade-in promotion rules
TremorRZ

So, I had never read the terms until now, and I would imagine that is probably true for at least 95% of the people that post here. If it's not, I'd be totally shocked, and so I would say that it's reasonable that most people just rely on common sense and common decency to guide them in posting or replying to other posts. 

That seems like a reasonable approach until you get towards the end of the list of terms at the top of the page. Then things get a little bit tricky.

Example 1.

• Posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed.

Example 2.

• Posts that discuss any litigation or potential litigation (past, present, future or otherwise), or which offer legal advice or guidance is prohibited since the Verizon Community is not a legal venue. 

Example 3.

• User may not repost any private communications they have had with Verizon representatives on the boards

- I find these 3 terms at the end very limiting to the potential of the forums. Not just for the users, but for Verizon as well, and I was hoping to get some clarification from Verizon about this, since getting them from anyone else would violate example 3, most likely. 

However, the language doesn't even allow us to discuss or seek clarification about Example 1 and Example 2. I hope that my post does not elicit a response of just deleting my account on the spot because I mentioned them. If we can't discuss the terms at all in order to seek clarification, and we can't post what a verizon representative tells us about it, then that sets up a scenario where every single person here that had questions about the terms or conditions would need to ask those questions privately to a verizon rep.

I'm sure others have questions about the language in these terms, but as it stands I can't mention anymore about examples 1 and 2, even though I would like very much some clarification about what exactly it means in example 1 "FROM A CARRIER." You mean we can't discuss rooting our phones that we own, or do you mean one that's under contract? Why does VZW care if we discuss rooting a phone from another network? Why does VZW care if we root our own phones after we own them outright? It's our right isn't it?

But, about the rules regarding other issues, like trade-ins... The trade-in rules are not clear on the website, the wording is very limited, and verizon utilizes that grey area to wrestle phones away from people for lower value than they agreed upon prior to sending it in. That's not fair, and without allowing us to post our experiences with verizon reps regarding this, is compounding that issue into a complete bait and switch in the eyes of many, many past and current customers of VZW.

I'm not trying to incite a riot but I feel like I'm limited to speaking about this in this language because of the terms verizon has set. I can't speak about my experiences with verizon reps and the inconsistencies regarding the trade-in policy, and I can't speak about 

0 Likes