Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Accessories Space
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I see the space for "Additional Devices and Products" but it seems related to specific hardware.  How about a space for accessories, both troubleshooting and discovery of new items such as speakers, bluetooth add-ons, cases and protection, etc...?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Accessories Space
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The Additional Devices & Products is for devices sold by Verizon Wireless that don't fit a specific space or Operating System space. There is a Bluetooth® space, but hardly anyone goes there and personally I think it it is unnecessary and should be locked from new posts. Cases and protection are often device specific and if someone has a question about them, they should ask in that device specific space or the general Operating System space.

There are already enough spaces in this community we don't need more until the old and inactive spaces are locked up and archived.

This isn't an tech blog site that covers all the new equipment and items out there. If you want to read the news, check the Verizon Wireless press releases for Verizon Wireless specific items and the numerous tech blog sites available on the Internet for everything else. I don't come here to reread what someone else wrote elsewhere.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

The Additional Devices & Products is for devices sold by Verizon Wireless that don't fit a specific space or Operating System space. There is a Bluetooth® space, but hardly anyone goes there and personally I think it it is unnecessary and should be locked from new posts. Cases and protection are often device specific and if someone has a question about them, they should ask in that device specific space or the general Operating System space.

There are already enough spaces in this community we don't need more until the old and inactive spaces are locked up and archived.

Noted:  These areas need a clean up and a reorganization, but like you state, nobody really reads posts in these areas and are more likely to just go straight into posting and cross-posting a question after registration with no regard as to where the proper space is.

This isn't an tech blog site that covers all the new equipment and items out there. If you want to read the news, check the Verizon Wireless press releases for Verizon Wireless specific items and the numerous tech blog sites available on the Internet for everything else. I don't come here to reread what someone else wrote elsewhere.

True, this is a site that covers Verizon services and equipment, yet there is an Off-Topic space, and while there are only ~7 active users of the 39 followers at present, and even fewer that actually participate in those topics, I suppose you're right in that it is fairly useless to re-post anything of any interest for anyone to read.

I suppose I question why some people visit these forums on a regular basis, unless they just prefer to scan and selectively reply to sporadic posts.  I'm not saying this has to be a "fun and exciting destination with an unwavering support for the cause," but....there's more to a community than just troubleshooting, finger-pointing, bitter emotional issues, and passive aggressive remarks.  I wish I could please them all, and no matter how much we might try to be friendly to some users, they will never be accepting of others, no matter the effort exerted.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

The Off-Topic Lounge is for anything that is not related to Verizon Wireless and the equipment the customers use on its network. From the its description, "This space is dedicated to all registered members for discussions on anything outside of Verizon Wireless. You can discuss topics such as sports, movies, upcoming vacays and more." Posting about technology items that can be used in conjunction with and to enhance the experience with the phone and devices capable of connecting to the Verizon Wireless doesn't seem like the Off-Topic Lounge is the appropriate place for those items. I only follow that space to catch any and every post that doesn't belong there and to request it be moved to an appropriate space. I have seen other Off-Topic style spaces in other forums and they are just as inactive as this one. Some of those have even gone as far as to not count posts and likes generated in those spaces to prevent abuse of the points system.

You don't have to post every where to contribute to this forum or any other forum. Some people choose certain areas to follow whether it is the device they have or they have some expertise in that area. To read entire single post all day every day, is probably close to impossible unless it was that person job to do so.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

I only follow that space to catch any and every post that doesn't belong there and to request it be moved to an appropriate space.

Thanks for your dedication to keeping the community clean and safe!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

The Off-Topic Lounge is for anything that is not related to Verizon Wireless and the equipment the customers use on its network. From the its description, "This space is dedicated to all registered members for discussions on anything outside of Verizon Wireless. You can discuss topics such as sports, movies, upcoming vacays and more." Posting about technology items that can be used in conjunction with and to enhance the experience with the phone and devices capable of connecting to the Verizon Wireless doesn't seem like the Off-Topic Lounge is the appropriate place for those items. I only follow that space to catch any and every post that doesn't belong there and to request it be moved to an appropriate space. I have seen other Off-Topic style spaces in other forums and they are just as inactive as this one. Some of those have even gone as far as to not count posts and likes generated in those spaces to prevent abuse of the points system.

You don't have to post every where to contribute to this forum or any other forum. Some people choose certain areas to follow whether it is the device they have or they have some expertise in that area. To read entire single post all day every day, is probably close to impossible unless it was that person job to do so.

The quandary comes up whenever a bit of tech comes up that isn't device or platform specific.   for example:  my son was showing me about Liquipel and skins, which seem like an amazing way of protecting a phone if you can't keep it out of water or drop ball bearings on it regularly.  It's hidden completely if posted in off topic.  If posted in Android, no other platforms will see the post.

I agree, keep it simple.  So any ideas?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

The problem with some posts are that they start off in the off-topic area and then someone relegates them to Android or Apple or some other single platform space when in reality, the post and its contents and subject can be used equally and to much benefit in many spaces, but since cross-posting is a no-no, some miss out.  There is a lot of info out there that gets pigeon-holed based upon monitoring and TOS.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

I have seen other Off-Topic style spaces in other forums and they are just as inactive as this one.

Wonder why everyone finds them so boring that no one engages in conversation.

Some of those have even gone as far as to not count posts and likes generated in those spaces to prevent abuse of the points system.

Funny you should mention points abuse.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Off topic shouldn't be counted.  The points system was for helping fellow customers.  Off topic is Social.

I do think it's a moral booster for regular contributors who cross digital paths regularly.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Ugh...points.  Some use it as a perch of pseudo-status.  I'm fairly certain, that without points, no one would care who had the most points if they got the answer they needed.  Some got pretty antsy this last time around with all the correct-answer activity.  They felt threatened for some reason.  All of a sudden, they come back and act like they care.  Remove the points system and see who cares enough to stay for no other reason than to help others.