Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beware of Verizon's Promises
rwaynema

Decided to make the switch to Verizon from ATT. Friends and family raved about the coverage...great. So here we go, happy to be away from ATT, and excited about getting new phones. Me a Droid Bionic, and an iphone 4s for the missus. Didn't take long for Verizon to burst that bubble...

During our search for vendors we noticed that Amazon offered the Bionic for the same price as the Verizon website, but waived the activation fee of $35. But, we needed to know some things before we proceeded because they didn't offer the iphone. So off to the Verizon website to chat with the experts...phhh! We were told that we could purchase the Bionic for the same price, and we could preorder the iphone, yes, we would have to sign the Bionic up on an individual plan until the iphone was available and activated, but then we could switch to a family plan. Made sense, and low and behold, they would waive the activation fee as well....whoopeee!

But wait, there's more, Received Droid, loved it, received the iphone a week or so later..Awesome! Activated it...a breeze! Switched to a family plan...no problemo!

Then we receive the bill...what the hell is this activation charge? We were suppose to get the good deal, like on Amazon. Fast forward... call to Verizon and guess what... no satisfaction. "why we can't waive the activation fee" and "we have no record of such" and "no, there is no one of authority that can talk to you"

So after spending over $500 on phones, $160/month on services, we're getting stuck paying an activation fee that was suppose to be waived, AND we may be paying it again for the iphone.

...Moral of story...don't get suckered by Verizon reps...get it in writing, record it, what ever it takes. They could care less once you've signed up. I guess to them they prefer a dissatisfied customer at the price of $35. 

And that's my Verizon moment!

0 Likes