Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can we send other users private messages?
nicholas_g
Novice

Can we send other users private messages or is it only Verizon Customer Service that can do such? Sometimes it's easier to have a 1:1 conversation when troubleshooting a problem.

Re: Can we send other users private messages?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes you can, but there are steps you must first take before being allowed to do so.

1 Hover your cursor over the userid of the person you would like to message. Click the "Follow" button on the dialogue which pops up. That user will receive a "Follow" request and must accept that request before you would be able to send/receive private messages. When you next hover your cursor over that userid the popup dialogue will display "Awaiting approval" until that user accepts your request. Not all users will accept "Follow" requests from other users.

2 That user must ALSO send you a "Follow" request in the same manner which you must accept.

3 Once both of you have accepted the "Follow" request from the other, you will be able to send private messages to each other.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question, nicholas_g. Of course you can private message other users. Here is how: https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

While some users might accept follow request to allow private Direct Messages between two users, at the same token they might not want to become the personal troubleshooting "go-to person" for that other user. So please be considerate about who and why you want to communicate privately with that person.

The community forum in its public format can be a great troubleshooting tool since you can potentially pool the knowledge of all the active members of the community. You lose that resource with a private message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Novice

My assumption is that's why it requires reciprocal acceptance.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

True. A user can accept a request and add more 1 on 1 info if they are rather knowlegeable and refuse if they so choose as well.  Even after accepting they can choose to unfollow a person and no longer be contacted.  In reality...to follow another user you can just search for their name to find their posts even if you cannot directly contact them.

0 Likes